Hydroids and Red Bubble Algae?

Reaction score
I have 2 more things I need ID'd please.

First this, I thought they were very cool and they have this amazing green fluorescence under moonlights. Now Im starting too worry that they are colonial hydroids, please give thoughts.

hydroid.jpg

Then this seems to have appeared out of nowhere, Is this the beginning of red bubble algae?

redbubble.jpg

redbubble2.jpg

Thanks!

Okay so now what? I know to manually remove the bubble algae but is there something I can do to prevent this from happening? Also how do I handle the hydroids?

Manual removal will work. Especially with so few in your system. With the hydroids all that worked for me was superglue gell and reef putty. Merely glue them down or cover with reef putty. Just ensure proper and full coverage and that is it. Job done.

Read this

When you first notice it..gently pick it off and toss it. You don't want to break the bubble.
Personally, it's a sign of a healthy tank, It's a macro algae and JMO it's pretty...looks like marbles. As the algae grows and you remove it, you are removing nitrates and phosphates from your system. Hair algae and cyano are a sign of water problems, not so with bubble algae. We get bubble algae in our tanks mostly because the spores hitchhike on live rock.

From here
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/index.php?threads/what-cause-bubble-algae.390247/

Do you guys think there any truth to that?

Back
Top Bottom