hydrogen peroxide? GHA?

I did it for 2 months didnt notice any change in gha. I did the method where you add the h2o2 to the display, i remember there were other methods

If you can take the rock out the tank and drop the peroxide straight onto the algae...

Works like a bomb

So can you dose directly into your main tank.
Do you mix with RO or just dose directly

How many times do you have to dip it,
Or for how long?
Don't dip the rock, it will kill everything on the rock

Use a salifert syringe (1ml one with tip) or a similar one and apply the peroxide straight onto the algae

It will start to "sizzle" within a few seconds

I have no experience dosing the whole tank, but I did a lot of research and you dose it directly into the tank with no dilution

This is a bit too risky for me.

That is why I took out the rock and applied it to the area I wanted

Noticed less glass algae when I dosed res-q-med(peroxide). For gha I got a algae scrubber and lawnmower blennie, gone within 2 weeks or so

Noticed less glass algae when I dosed res-q-med(peroxide). For gha I got a algae scrubber and lawnmower blennie, gone within 2 weeks or so

Yip, unfortunately I have a Large tank, my lawnmower blenny is super fat and large, and my algae scrubber works well. Two days left for treatment, at the moment the GHA looks more cotton wool like so hopefully it will disappear in two days time. It was kinda scary putting 50ml into the tank, but no problems so far.

The peroxide will break down the algae as such , but the phosphate that grew the algae will be released back into the system to grow new algae...
try physically take out the algae, fish that eat the algae will still defecate and release it back into the system , but your filter catches there waist and you remove it ( exporting it from the system so that is better - algae scrubber is best imo.
D

Back
Top Bottom