Howdy

Kryofrozen

My fish have names!
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I think most will know me from another forum, but for those who don't, I've been keeping a reef tank and a Nano for about 14mths now.

The main reef tank is an AquaH2O 1,5m Amazon, running 2 X AquaH2o SK-388 skimmers, Haelia 6500l/h return pump, 2 X Dazs T5 lighting units and a Waterboy 3 in 1 UV unit.

The occupants are a range of tangs, wrasses, hawkfish and a Foxy Rabbit fish. Cleaners are bristle stars, hermits and turbo snails. Oh and I have 100kgs LR.

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of corals, leathers and Zoa's mostly, mainly because the cash flow is always so tight but partly because I want to upgrade my lighting and other equipment before I tackle anything in the coral department...

Here's a pic of my Main Tank (Excuse my red algae bloom!):

NewAquascape.jpg

The main reefs "engine room":

KryosSump3.jpg

The Nano is a 50cm X 50cm X 50cm cube. It has an AquaH2O "nano" type skimmer/Filter, Dazs T5 lighting and a single powerhead rated at 500l/h. I have an assortment of cool hitchhikers in the nano which came in on the LR. Various types of snails, sea stars, crabs and stunning plate type algae, in different shades of browns, reds, purple and greens (No not the bad red or green stuff!). I added a small frag of Zoa's and 'shrooms, and a lonely baby choc tang and a bunch of hermits and left the nano to do it's own thing. I have to admit that it is the most interesting tank of the two tanks I own, as the various natural critters is fascinating to watch!

I'll try and take a photo of the nano to post.

I hope to learn a lot from this forum as my motto is "Knowledge is power"!

Cher

Howdy Kryo.

Warm welcome to you. Hope you enjoy your stay! I can't view pics right now, but if I remember correctly, you have an awesome setup.

Hi Kryo, welcome to MASA, we sure do remember you, even from G4Y days. Your setup is looking super cool, with all live stock looking very healthy. Kodos at having the patience to do things properly and thus giving your live stock more than a fighting chance.

Welcome Kyro.

Yep a few of us come all the way from G4Y. Glad you made it this far.

I could always post her pic. :lol:

Welcome Kryo, nice to have you here, sorry bout Tom and Hill calling you Kyro Tank is looking nice, real nice

I could always post her pic. :lol:

Gees Hill, do you still have it!?

Thanks for the welcome wishes guys!

Leslie - I was actually wondering where everyone had disappeared to... Found the site by accident...

Mhhh I am sure I could find it somewhere. :lol: No I don't have it downloaded on my PC.

He He Kanga, Kyro just rolls off the keyboard easier.

Hi Kryo,
Bit of a n00b myself, thought it polite to say hello from sunny old England :)

Mike.

Now you pointed me here Kryo, you need to update this thread.

Will do Smithers! Just need to take some new photos... Not much has changed actually... Just lots more red algae :( but that will be sorted soon... hopefully!

Back
Top Bottom