How to use tropica marine test kits?

Discussion in 'Water Parameters and Additives' started by Raven, 9 May 2008.

1. Raven

Raven

Hi guys,
    This is going to sound extremly dumb....

I've bought myself a CA test kit from tropic marine, but i don't really understand the instructions that well, I've asked 2 other guys - both with different answers....

Now for the part which I don't understand:
    As you know you get that yellow tip thingies to put on the syringe.
    Lets say i need to suck 5ml into the syringe, must the solution in syringe be to the 5ml mark, or only the bottom sucking part of the syringe - there are some air trap in the syringe,and the yellow tip thingy compensate for the air bubble in the syringe?

hope this makes sense....

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Galibore

Galibore Retired Moderator

The air is cool. You take the measurement at the bottom of the black O-ring and NOT at the fluid level.

HTH.

4. Raven

Raven Thread Starter

Thanks! This is what i thought, but some people told me that one must take the air out, and measure from the fluid... ai toggie tog.

but thanks.
    where are you in the world - long time no see....

5. Galibore

Galibore Retired Moderator

Well it is true in general when working with Syringes. But not in this case.

I don't work at the bank anymore. Moved on to an insurance company. Much better environment IMO. Tell Jason I say howzit.

6. Rory

Rory Admin MASA Contributor

As Gali said, generally on most syringes you look at the fluid but our test kit manufactureres make it easier for us ;) Basically if 0 seems to be where the base of the syringe is (ie. not including the tip etc) then they have already compensated for the tip etc.

Recent Posts