Urgent help needed How to set temp on my chiller???

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by clintonjay, 10 Mar 2010.

1. clintonjay

clintonjay

I have bought a Hailea chiller, HC-1000 BH, and have no clue how to set the temp. I have no manual either. Can anyone help me......It goes to 29 deg. before swithching on, then chills down to 25. How do i stop it going so high before switching on?:banghead::banghead:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. magman

magman

eish, why does it go to 29 then chill to 25, that is wrong, if it kicks in at 29, it means it is set at 28, but why does it chill 4 more degrees? That is temp fluctuations. Is there 3 buttons, on the left is set, press and hold it for a few seconds, then the temp that is set for will appear, then use the other two buttons, up or down to set it, then press the first button again to activate. I have the halliea 500, and that is how it works.

Yours must be the dual heater and chiller, where it heats up to 25, and chills from over 28. I would maybe bring those two closer?

4. lIghty

lIghty

It sounds like the flow is way to low too, what could be happening is, the "set point" temp is at 28, when the water reaches 29 is kicks in (this 1 deg change is normal), now because this chiller is quiet a powerful unit, it chills the water down so fast and kicks off at the 28 mark, however because it still has some "cooling capacity" still in its system, it continues to chill the water with in the chamber. I would recommend not using a supply pump smaller than say 2500-3000lts/h, this will help "dampen" the effect, however, you still need to ensure there is adequate circulation between the sump and tank, otherwise the water with in the sump will drop quicker than the tank.

5. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

1) The chiller does not change from chilling to heating by it's self. One hase to manually select either heating or chilling.

2) For temp setting press the "cold" key for about 3 seconds until the cold indicator and temp reading start to flash. Press the ^ to increase temp setting or v to decrease the set point. leave the chiller for about 20 seconds and the display will stop flashing.

3) Now set the hysteresis. Best is 1 deg C. Press the v key for 3 seconds till the display blinks. Now press the v key till 1 displays. Wait 10 seconds and your chiller is set.

What is happening in your case is the set point is 25c and the hysteresis is 3. so the chiller will switch on over 28c and off below 25c. By setting as i have explained your min temp will be 24.9 and your max 27.

Should you require a manual i can copy one for you. Send me a pm to arrange collection

6. lIghty

lIghty

Sh#t, thats nice, I didn't know you can set the hysteresis on the unit, is this only for the HC1000 and bigger?

7. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Unfortunately only on the HC1000 BH

On the HC100 - HC500 & HC1000B/HC1000A you can't adjust and it is set at 1

Last edited: 11 Mar 2010
Recent Posts