How to run the Orca Bio-cubes

dallasg

Controversial Reefer, but knowledgeable!
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing!

does it matter where in the sump the "bomb" is placed??

Eg: before the skimmer? Or at the return pump inlet? ect.

if you want the mulm skimmed out, place in the same chamber as skimmer inlet, you can also place it anywhere else and corals will use the mulm for food

How 'important' is the airstone? What if I had a 2500lph pump placed 30cm's away but pointed directly at the cubes?

the airstone is needed, it allows the inner cubes to get oxygenated water and get agitated

Don't laugh at me now, but can I put the bag inside my skimmer?

you can, i did try it like this, but it does impact the skimmer performance a little that water flow is disturbed and becomes chaotic.
i ran it inside a TS2 and no issues. just make sure you tie the tassle up so it doesnt get caught anywhere

Depends on skimmer but no.

The cubes should not tumble and rub against each other, they are not NP-pellets. It the do tumble around, the action scrubs of particles that will end up eventually in your display. Mandarinman had it like this and it failed. Although the particles in the display will still allow yeast to grow on it, it will not be optimal. Aerating it with a smaller venturi instead of an airpump can work, if you can direct the outlet to be pointing into the bag bottom area. But airpump is easier to set up.

Back
Top Bottom