How to catch a Mantis

Discussion in 'Invertebrates' started by Jaco Schoeman, 21 Apr 2009.

1. Jaco Schoeman

Jaco Schoeman MASA Contributor

As I mentioned previously, I am the "luckiest" person when it comes to picking a piece of LR, cause every time I do, I have a Mantis in the tank. I am estimating my tank now has two or three of them, and on pistol shrimp... :lol::lol::lol: :(:(:(

Anyway, my latest "buddy" has been ID'd by my fiance as being black and white?!?!?!

None the less, it's there, and I see it. It's not even too bothered by me. Last night I tried to put a piece of tube, with a "cone" inside with a hole in it. At the other end I blocked it off, and put a piece of krill in there. I placed this right at the mouth of the mantis's hole.

When I got to the tank this morning to check if I caught it, this was what I saw:

:fuk2:

Can anyone help?

I got authorization from "government" that I could keep it and set up another thank for it... So I would like too look into that...

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Keep trying Jaco, try it for another 2 or 3 nights, if you don't get him then we can look into more drastic measures. Have a read through this thread...Mantis help - Hennie's Corner

Recent Posts