How old is your powerhead

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I have about 5 tunzes (either 6060 or 6080's) now about 4years old - all fine.

Reaction score
Maxijets and Tunze's go forever.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hiya Andreas - I have 2 ReSun WaveMakers - the 1st is around 1.5 years old, the other about 10 months. I have bought 2 2nd hand SEIO M1100's - the one that's still running (I need to replace the other SEIO's impeller), have been in the previous guy's tank for about 1 year prior as well....
I have one LifeTech return pump (from the sump) that's 2.5 years old and still running, and my Dophin 2000 return pump is 3 years old and still running.

Reaction score
I have Tunze's that have been running for 4 years plus, flat out. I've only ever cleaned them once in 4 years. I can't even get the covers off now if I tried because they are encrusted with corraline.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Jacques so the resun Wavemakers are still going strong?have you replaced the impellor on the LifeTech yet?
Hi Andreas - No, I have not replaced the impeller on the LifeTech yet. The ReSuns are going VERY strong. No problems AT ALL with them. I am extremely impressed!

I dunno what happened to the 2nd SEIO's impeller that I bought 2nd hand, but it is cracked. So, I can only presume it fell.... previous to me...

Reaction score
I have about 5 tunzes (either 6060 or 6080's) now about 4years old - all fine.
Yup, two of my old Tunzes must be somewhere between 8 and 10 years old, and still going perfectly (as long as I clean them regularly...). The other two needs new impellers (bearings packed up and I will just replace the whole impeller to be safe...) but the pumps are still perfect... need to speak to George about them soon :whistling:

I also have a Laguna hobby pump (power head) which is still going strong after about 6 years (but is not currently being used)

Hennie