How often do you feed your anemones?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by carlosdeandrade, 16 Oct 2013.

Voter count: 49
?

How Often do you feed your Anemones?

Poll closed 31 Oct 2013.
  1. NEVER

20.4%
  2. Once a Week

61.2%
  3. Once every two weeks

6.1%
  4. Once every three weeks

10.2%
  5. Monthly

2.0%
  1. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. mariusmeyer

mariusmeyer

I feed my bubble tips some lancefish whenever I remember. But about once a month. Should actually do it weekly.

4. Smithers

Smithers

Feed my wandering anemone once a week now. He was white when I first got him and after feeding him a few times he started to get some colour. Since then I religiously feed him now once a week.

5. Bendor

Bendor

6. scubaninja

scubaninja

Hmm. there is no option for twice a week....

7. Bendor

Bendor

Snap.

8. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade Thread Starter

9. scubaninja

scubaninja

Nope. Not if the pieces are small (tiny). Anemones in the wild get food at random intervals, basically whenever they can. Sure they will expel the excess, but they still take it in and use some of it

Last edited: 16 Oct 2013
  10. Handy

Handy

I feed my three every third day or so just check once they have had a dump. Mine have grown in the last three months. Hake and mussels. Carlos the two I bought from idol a while ago have exploded in size if you can remember hoe big the infernos were then they have tripled in size since.

11. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

I agree on the small pieces. I once read to feed a nennie 6mm pieces, not bigger as they don't really get bigger in nature. It is very seldom that a piece of meat the size of your little pinky head makes it to the bottom. It will either be scooped up by bigger fish or ripped to shreds by smaller fish. The nennie might take the big piece, only to be spat out later when you don't notice. So rather feed very small pieces.

12. DeanT

DeanT Dean

feed mine every third day
    sea food mix from pick n pay, gives them a nice variety

13. marinenoob

marinenoob

I feed my wandering white nennie every other day with hake but 2 or 3mm in size. If i feed it too much i.e daily it rejects the food. I also have a problem with the clown sometime stealing the food.

14. pkc

pkc

Up to twice a day when I can do that, they divide much quicker that way.
    But when not wanting propagation, 3 to 4 times per week.
    You see all my aquariums are fed via a squeeze bottle that I leave next to the tanks all day, one of invert food and one of both invert and fish food, so any time my wife or I want to feed them, they get fed.
    I leave a towel near by as well because I put my hand in the tank and squeeze over the anem.
    I have a syringe and tube set up and funnel and tube set up, but couldn’t be bothered with them!

15. Fuzzy

Fuzzy

few years back i fed mine every second day...bits of hake... i did that for two years (with it being on the same rock on the same spot).... then due to whatever reason,went away or something i didnt feed it for about 5 days,it walked ,climbed,did its thing and found his way right into my sunsun pump...got stuck...released toxins..every single fish was dead in about 30min(tangs and triggers bigger than my hand as well as other fish) ... cut him out the pump,saved what i could of him..next day lookig as if nothing happened..guess once you get them into a feeding routine,stick to it...also,if you see a nennie in the same spot for few weeks,dont assume it has stopped looking for a place,,mine moved after two years..

16. MistaOrange

MistaOrange

Do you have a tank thread? Would like to see it if you do...

17. JamesHunter

JamesHunter

Handy how about an inferno pic?

18. Zandy

Zandy

:( lost my inferno a couple of weeks ago. Also sat on one spot. And decided to move (probably becuase of the water change) found her chopped in my vortech powerhead. Clowns is now lost swimming around looking for the nennie. Fortunate for me i spotted this soon and lost nothing else.The thing i did loose was my heart !!!! I loved her so much, and looking at the clowns i get reminded of her all the time. Since then decided if i cannot have another inferno nennie then i will just give it a miss !!!:(

19. Wesd

Wesd

i have 5 small local nennies (white with a green tint on the base, my avatar pic) and i feed them a small bit of prawn mash every two weeks or so

20. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

The anemone in my softy tank gets fed once a day. Had him for about 5 years now.

The two Anemones in my other tank never get target fed. They get fed by the hosting clown and the food I feed each morning.

The Anemone in my SPS tank gets the food my fish eat. And that tank is fed twice a day.

21. pkc

pkc

My journals from when I started taking pics.
    Between 79 to 2001 there are very few pics, I do have a couple, but others took them.
    I shared my hobby with no one but friends and family.
    I only keep anemones in my bottom tank, only one now, I got rid of the big one and kept the off spring, this is mainly a fish tank.
    I will get some pics together for it.

This is my top tank after it more or less got wiped out from our 2013 Australia day cyclone that took out our power for three days.
    I didn’t have a generator, now I do, a bit to late.
    http://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com/t1881-my-top-tank-after-the-power-outage-of-february-2013#7652

This was the bottom tank before the cyclone.
    http://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com/t1418p30-my-second-glass-tank-in-years-connected-to-the-nwmsa-moderately-eutrophic-system

This was the top tank before the cyclone.
    http://southeastqueenslandm.aforumfree.com/t884-my-first-glass-aquarium-in-two-yearsa-moderately-eutrophic-system

Last edited: 17 Oct 2013
Recent Posts