How much substrate

Reaction score
how much substrate will i need in my display. im gona be using playsand ....

Afsal it depends on what fish you going to keep. Are you planning on any burrowing gobies or jawfish?

I had about 8 - 10 cm, it was way too much, and too coarse shingle. Replaced it with some finer crushed shingle (couldn't get playsand in time).

Mine is now about 2 - 3 cm in thickness, with some scaping at some spots - look out for my thread as soon as I can upload pics to show how it looks after I moved.

2 - 3 cm is plenty enough.

I recon 3 - 4 bags should be ok - that's if the bags are the same as I last saw at reggies in gateway. it's cheap enough so if you get too much it's not the end of the world...

where u been lost ??? i got 2 bags already , it says its washed , shud i wash again cause dean mentioned abt it getting whitish when u wash it !!!

Yes wash it again, pre washed means nothing you will get plenty dust off, instead of it settling in your system.

DEFINITELY wash it, it is absolutely full of dust and will pollute your tank to the extent that you won't see anything.

Once it is washed thoroughly it will become a lot whiter, looks very nice.

Can you use this reggies play sand for a DSB, cause its a lot cheaper then Seachem Aragonite?
or is it still better to stick with seachem?

Back
Top Bottom