How much substrate

Reaction score
how much substrate will i need in my display. im gona be using playsand ....

Reaction score
Afsal it depends on what fish you going to keep. Are you planning on any burrowing gobies or jawfish?

Reaction score
I had about 8 - 10 cm, it was way too much, and too coarse shingle. Replaced it with some finer crushed shingle (couldn't get playsand in time).

Mine is now about 2 - 3 cm in thickness, with some scaping at some spots - look out for my thread as soon as I can upload pics to show how it looks after I moved.

Reaction score
2 - 3 cm is plenty enough.

Reaction score
I recon 3 - 4 bags should be ok - that's if the bags are the same as I last saw at reggies in gateway. it's cheap enough so if you get too much it's not the end of the world...

Reaction score
where u been lost ??? i got 2 bags already , it says its washed , shud i wash again cause dean mentioned abt it getting whitish when u wash it !!!

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
Yes wash it again, pre washed means nothing you will get plenty dust off, instead of it settling in your system.

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
DEFINITELY wash it, it is absolutely full of dust and will pollute your tank to the extent that you won't see anything.

Once it is washed thoroughly it will become a lot whiter, looks very nice.

Reaction score
Can you use this reggies play sand for a DSB, cause its a lot cheaper then Seachem Aragonite?
or is it still better to stick with seachem?