How much livestock allowed in tank?

Reaction score
Hi fellow reefkeepers

I am now in the process of planning my final additions to my 24-gallon tank and need to research max number of livestock for the tank.

Recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

So far:

2 x turbo snail
1 x hermit crab
1 x blue cheek goby
1 x scooter goby
1 x firecracker shrimp (if he is still alive and in hiding)

1 x fan worm (tubeworm)
2 x soft corals (not sure which ones - to host clown fish).

My final wishlist (if allowed in tank(
2 x clown
1 x dory (tang???)
1 x bright yellow fish

Comments??

2 x soft corals (not sure which ones - to host clown fish).
you sure these arent anonomes? got pics?

1 x dory (tang???)
these regal tangs need perfect water conditions as they stress easily and prone to white spot

1 x bright yellow fish
this is probably a yellow tang, they need a big tank to swim, like most tangs

The clowns will only work if they're a mated pair as they are very territorial. Your tank is way too small for a tang - any tang! Tangs need lots of swimming space and they usualy get quite big, rather get a dwarf angel.
A yellow fish you can get a midas blenny, they're quite cute little carracters and very active swimmers.

IMHO you dont have the space for Tangs, Regal tangs are also extremely fast growing .... There are many other fish that would satisfy your colour and space requirements.

get the tang out that's not cool. :(
i had a 24gall nano and had a great selection of fish i would suggest only 4 max 5
I had a
Midas Blenny (Whicked fish)
2 false perke clowns
and a Jumping bean the end.

you sure these arent anonomes? got pics?

:whistling: oops - quite correct, anenomies.

OK - Tang - OUT!!!

Will look at midas blennie and ask for clowns to be a mated pair - if not will then get another type of fish.:razz:

i had a 24gall nano and had a great selection of fish i would suggest only 4 max 5

Would this 4 / 5 include the 2 x goby's I already have?

:whistling: oops - quite correct, anenomies.

OK - Tang - OUT!!!

Will look at midas blennie and ask for clowns to be a mated pair - if not will then get another type of fish.:razz:

Would this 4 / 5 include the 2 x goby's I already have?

Just refresh my memory, your tank is only running for a few weeks if I'm not mistaken? You only added the cleanup crew the other day if I recall correctly?
If those are anemonies, your setup is way to new for them. A tank should be at least 6 months mature, 9-12 months is actually better. Anemonies need strong light as well to survive. Do you have a picture for us?

Just refresh my memory, your tank is only running for a few weeks if I'm not mistaken? You only added the cleanup crew the other day if I recall correctly?
If those are anemonies, your setup is way to new for them. A tank should be at least 6 months mature, 9-12 months is actually better. Anemonies need strong light as well to survive. Do you have a picture for us?

Tank is now running two months and clean-up crew been in for three weeks.

Will post pics of anenomies tonight.

lol!

funny i kept marines 15yrs ago, with only one canister filter, one bag of filter media, and a uv sterilizer, it was a 50gal reef tank which i ran for 3 yrs before it cracked

what type of nennies do you have??

i had the same tank bro. k if you have nemmies the lights in that tank are not sufficient however there is a way to put another 24watt bulb.

just wanna to check the brand. Just so i could tell that the standard lights are a bit shocking for keeping nemmies :thumbup:

Besides the lights, the tank is not matured enough for nemmies :(

Back
Top Bottom