how many creatures and corals

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by Pieter kruger, 22 Feb 2011.

1. Pieter kruger

Pieter kruger

at least the worms is something to look at at the moment. on my tank the filter system sit at the back of the tank. when I top up with ro water, do i need to fill in the display area or in the filter area? I have added 2 fans to help with temp controll so the evaporation rate is quite high. at the moment it is still cycling so I only run the lights for about 3 hrs per day. the temp setteled at about 26 degrees. is this right? do I need to top up with ro on a daily basis? or rather every other day? then another question. it is a 102 lt tank. i have 9.5 kg live rock in the display, 2.5 pourus rock in the filter that will go live in 6 months and 1.5 kg rough coral in the filter. I also have about 1 kg porcelain noodles and a bag of carbon. how many creatures can i put in the tank? the first thing will be the cleaning crew. how many and what types.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. rakabos

rakabos

4. nico.m.ferreira

nico.m.ferreira

You can top up as needed, but daily will see the parimeters stay more constant. I will sugest an auto top-up unit to safe yourself trouble and keep parimeters stable.
    26 deg are fine, try to keep it in that region between 25 and 26.

Post pics then we will have a beter idea of what is going on and can provide better advice.

5. Franske

Franske

Id say 4 hermits and 4 snails wil do the job,why dont you start a tank thread where you can be helped and show us your system and we can help you,topping up ro water every other day is fine aswell aslong as the amount of water evaporated doesnt tke your salinity out of parameters and doesnt let pumps run dry its fine

Last edited: 22 Feb 2011
  6. Pieter kruger

Pieter kruger Thread Starter

Recent Posts