How long b4 I add coral - shrooms etc

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Seabass, 13 Jan 2011.

1. Seabass

Seabass

Was wandering how long do I need to wait b4 adding a bunch of coral to my just cycled tank. Soft - rics, shrooms, lps - zoas & sps - red & green plate Monti. Can I add now.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

if its cycled etc, then yes, go with some zoas, shrooms and lps, they are the easiest

4. 459b

459b Moderator MASA Contributor

If your tank has completed cycling (ie. all parameters in check) then you can start adding now.
    Start by adding one or two pieces of hardy corals (like zoas or mushrooms). See how they do and then start adding more. I know its hard..but dont add too much at once.

5. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

How long is "just cycled"? Does your water parameters all test OK?

I would wait a bit with more sensitive corals like some LPS and SPS and add the more hardy ones first. Some LPS like frogspawn, hammer and candy canes are hardy, but not some plates, lobophyllia, scollymia and definitely not elegance corals.

6. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

time has flown, start with the basics, mushrooms, zoas and coral attached to rock as it will bring bacteria in with their introduction,

are your lights running? and if so how long? skimmer working ok now?

7. Seabass

Seabass Thread Starter

Wanted to order rics to add but can wait. Collecting a pack of zoos and hopefully shrooms that are flying in this evening, so they will go in to the existing nano for a bit longer. Will add a few at a time then to the new tank. Parameters where fine when I tested about a week ago. Water in tank from 22/12/2010.

8. Seabass

Seabass Thread Starter

Les skimmer has mysteriously become less noisy, new needle wheel impeller arrived yesterday, might replace the old one in the future. Lights, no have left them off for the cycle.

Recent Posts