How far should brain corals be apart?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by pXius, 15 Oct 2011.

1. pXius

pXius

I got another beautiful specimen last week and its placed about 15cm from all other corals.

I noticed some bleaching after lights out with a torch on the side where the another brain is (15cm away). I'm thinking that it may be a sting from the other brain as all my parameters are in check. All my other brains are perfect as well.

Could it be that its having a hard time adjusting to the new lighting conditions from the LFS? Or maybe even my long spined urchin?

I can comment that I've never seen its feeder tentacles since I've had it which worries me a bit.

Thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. ShaunSwindon

ShaunSwindon

Just a little off topic but where is your brains positioned if I may ask sir :whistling:

I have one green brain and he is right at the top of all my LR close to the lights. Also has a high to medium water flow.

4. pXius

pXius Thread Starter

Sorry, hectic weekend.

Anyway, he was placed on the sandbed with all my other brains but I'll admit he s the only green and brown one, which requires more light from what I've read. So I have moved him to about the middle of the tank. I don't wanna fry the guy.

Strangely enough when the lights are on you cant really see the bleach spots, rather light brown areas, and even under black light he still looks awesome, but he's happy where he is now, so I'll let him be and keep checking.

Recent Posts