How do your inmates behave ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by martinhal, 15 Feb 2009.

1. martinhal

martinhal

Hi All,

I thought I would share some of the strange behaviour in my tank.

I had a nenny that partly attached itself to a hermit crab for two days- the hermit was lugging this around the tank…. Shame the poor guy was battling to move but he soldiered on tearing up the gravel to get traction.

After about 5 months my regal tang has realised that cleaner shrimps want to clean him but confuses the coral banded for a cleaner .

I also have a strange food chain… the shrimps steal from the nenny…. The copper band then steals from the shrimps.

2. Guest

3. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator

Ok, I had my Clown fish host in my Millepora :p Until he eventually knocked it off and it landed on my Hydnophora. The Hydnophora stung the mille and killed it. Now the clown is homeless :(

4. goodisor

goodisor

In nature crabs sometimes encourage a nenny to attach as part of its camo and protection,the nenny benefits too so its symbiotic really;)

5. scubaninja

scubaninja

i know of shrimp stealin from nennies, and tryin to grow things on their backs like mushrooms. but not quite a nennie. thats a new one to me. what i have that is strange is that everythin in my tank thinks its a tang and eats nori, even my trigger
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Storm

Storm

You will find its common for a nennie to house on a hermit crabs shell here in EL. our local red nennies dont grow bigger then a R5 coin, or atleast that's the biggest ive ever seen them. Larger orange and pink ones still stick to the rockwork.

Recent Posts