How do your inmates behave ?

Reaction score
Hi All,

I thought I would share some of the strange behaviour in my tank.

I had a nenny that partly attached itself to a hermit crab for two days- the hermit was lugging this around the tank…. Shame the poor guy was battling to move but he soldiered on tearing up the gravel to get traction.

After about 5 months my regal tang has realised that cleaner shrimps want to clean him but confuses the coral banded for a cleaner .

I also have a strange food chain… the shrimps steal from the nenny…. The copper band then steals from the shrimps.

Reaction score
had a nenny that partly attached itself to a hermit crab for two days-
In nature crabs sometimes encourage a nenny to attach as part of its camo and protection,the nenny benefits too so its symbiotic really;)

Reaction score
i know of shrimp stealin from nennies, and tryin to grow things on their backs like mushrooms. but not quite a nennie. thats a new one to me. what i have that is strange is that everythin in my tank thinks its a tang and eats nori, even my trigger
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaction score
You will find its common for a nennie to house on a hermit crabs shell here in EL. our local red nennies dont grow bigger then a R5 coin, or atleast that's the biggest ive ever seen them. Larger orange and pink ones still stick to the rockwork.