How do your inmates behave ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by martinhal, 15 Feb 2009.

1. martinhal

martinhal

Hi All,

I thought I would share some of the strange behaviour in my tank.

I had a nenny that partly attached itself to a hermit crab for two days- the hermit was lugging this around the tank…. Shame the poor guy was battling to move but he soldiered on tearing up the gravel to get traction.

After about 5 months my regal tang has realised that cleaner shrimps want to clean him but confuses the coral banded for a cleaner .

I also have a strange food chain… the shrimps steal from the nenny…. The copper band then steals from the shrimps.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

Ok, I had my Clown fish host in my Millepora :p Until he eventually knocked it off and it landed on my Hydnophora. The Hydnophora stung the mille and killed it. Now the clown is homeless :(

4. goodisor

goodisor

In nature crabs sometimes encourage a nenny to attach as part of its camo and protection,the nenny benefits too so its symbiotic really;)

5. scubaninja

scubaninja

i know of shrimp stealin from nennies, and tryin to grow things on their backs like mushrooms. but not quite a nennie. thats a new one to me. what i have that is strange is that everythin in my tank thinks its a tang and eats nori, even my trigger
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Storm

Storm

You will find its common for a nennie to house on a hermit crabs shell here in EL. our local red nennies dont grow bigger then a R5 coin, or atleast that's the biggest ive ever seen them. Larger orange and pink ones still stick to the rockwork.

Recent Posts