How do i move my aquarium + LS?

hectic kavir.good luck with the move man:thumbup: hope everything works out for you;)
would never wanto move my tank i can just imagine how much you stressing dude.

hectic kavir.good luck with the move man:thumbup: hope everything works out for you;)
would never wanto move my tank i can just imagine how much you stressing dude.

Thanks clinton. U dont know wot's goin on in my head. I have to clear my flat out, then clear out my restaurant, all the equipment will be in the garage, and i seriously doubt that it's all gona fit there. Hell i dont even know where im gona put the tank.

Thanks clinton. U dont know wot's goin on in my head. I have to clear my flat out, then clear out my restaurant, all the equipment will be in the garage, and i seriously doubt that it's all gona fit there. Hell i dont even know where im gona put the tank.

eish man thats hectic:(

What about oxygen tablets during transport
Apparently oxygen Tabs dont work all that well in salty water - a better bet is battery operated air pumps - shouldnt be more than R100 a piece - believe you me works like a charm! just gets very expensive when you use branded batteries - more than the pump itself! - So now for my portables I got rechargeables!

Apparently oxygen Tabs dont work all that well in salty water - a better bet is battery operated air pumps - shouldnt be more than R100 a piece - believe you me works like a charm! just gets very expensive when you use branded batteries - more than the pump itself! - So now for my portables I got rechargeables!

How big is the portable? What batteries does it take?

Two big torch cells - I think "DD" - If you look for resuns - they have a "tail" with an electrical cord that "senses" when there is no power and switches the batteries on so you can use them in your main setup as a backup! then when you want to use them as a portable just take them with you!

''DD'' Lol

Im gona sit and work out the costs and see if i should do an entire move or jst start a new cycle with some minor upgrades, this thing is startin to bother me now.

Kavir, I'm also moving my tank in the next couple of weeks. Although I'm only moving about 30km away from where I stay now, it's still a big process and very stressful.

I'm "lucky" in the sense that my current DT is very old and scratched so I opted to have a new one built and ready on the other side for the move. It makes the move a little easier and can be done in stages.

You on the other hand have to move your entire flat, restaurant AND tank. If I can make a suggestion it would be that you get a local reefer or LFS to keep your LS for a month or so. Move everything and set it up on the other side. Get the tank up and running and then one weekend go back and get your LS. Less stress on them and you.

Hope the move goes well. Keep us posted!

Time is definately not on my side. I think this is a better option then i can actually take my time and set things up, and do some upgrades. But if only secunda was as big as Pta wit a reefer in every suburb then i wouldn't have to worry about makin several trips do reintroduce the stock in when it's time to add them in. Lol think i should just flip a coin to see which way im gona go wit.

Sorry guys takin a break from reefkeepin till im on my feet this side. Lets jst say everythings gone So i'l be startin up fresh.

sorry to here that bud...hope you and your brother is well.

tell him i said hello:wave2:

How do you move a tank???:(
Sorry dude You dont!!!
no just joking there are way's . I have moved myne not a good thing thou but If we must what can we do. I see the gurus are helping you.

Back
Top Bottom