Hotdog's Maxed Out Reef 650

Not even sure if that type of layering is going to work (mud at bottom, live sand in middle and aragonite at top), can't seem to find info of people doing it, but that is way we used to run planted tanks before all these fancy planted tanks substrates were available. Compost at bottom with a thick layer of gravel on top to stop it from floating around and dirtying water grew plants quite well, so hopefully the marine equivalent grows sea grasses well.

So, the bigger hogfish had to come out as it was bullying the smaller hogfish, causing it to hide constantly. Never a dull moment. If anyone wants to buy a hogfish, let me know (they are not too cheap though, quite a rare fish). It is going into my brother's 60cm cube for safe keeping for the time being.

A cool pic of the bigger hogfish last night just as it settled down to sleep:

IMG_4340.jpg

Also had to take out 5 nigripes/maldives clowns as 2 paired up in the nenny. If anyone wants some, let me know ASAP, as I'm taking them to the lfs that just started marines around the corner (Paws and Whiskers by Impala) this afternoon.

Also this girl in qt from @mariusmeyer , it was originally mine that I got on 4 March 2015, then sold it to Marius around September 2016 before I set up big tank to reduce bioload, and now bought it back, so she has come full circle in the last 3.5 years:

3DB001FB-CD8C-43B6-A4DD-3DFBB753B815.jpeg

remember seeing that Bellus in your tank when you first had it....absolutely lovely fish.....looks even better now with the streamers.

remember seeing that Bellus in your tank when you first had it....absolutely lovely fish.....looks even better now with the streamers.

Yes, they are amazing, I missed it, not sure what I was thinking selling it in the first place. :lol:

Got a tiny pincushion frag on the left yesterday (thanks again @mariusmeyer ), so tiny it physically didn’t fit into my coral qt, so did reef dip and into display, hope I don’t come to regret this decision:

A4E3F0C8-AC05-42D2-B556-EC208DFAAE77.jpeg

Did you have to adjust rock work and lights to put your tiny coral in the tank? :lol:
Love that bellus, so tempted to get one for my tank!

Back
Top Bottom