Hotdog's Maxed Out Reef 650

Hogfish seem to be settling in, no aggression yet, and they do seem to swim together, hopefully they pair:

I've had a male black leopard wrasse for a few months now, and added 2 females. Suspect one was transitioning male as the other female as well as older male picked on her/him. So that is the one that I took out, luckily still have a pair left.

I've had a male black leopard wrasse for a few months now, and added 2 females. Suspect one was transitioning male as the other female as well as older male picked on her/him. So that is the one that I took out, luckily still have a pair left.

That is good news. Glad you still have a pair. I am hunting for a juvi melanurus at the moment.

That is good news. Glad you still have a pair. I am hunting for a juvi melanurus at the moment.

Think these might be the 2 left, or the skinnier one is the one I took out, not sure:
IMG_3563.jpg
IMG_3627.jpg

Hogfish seem to be settling in, no aggression yet, and they do seem to swim together, hopefully they pair:

Those are awesome...your species actually looks brighter in colour than mine...hope they don’t get aggressive...my one is a little terror...although most fish in my tank seem to be

Last edited:
Those are awesome...our species actually looks brighter in colour than mine...hope they don’t get aggressive...my one is a little terror...although most fish in my tank seem to be

Maybe it has something to do with them being in that rough part of South Africa called Slummies, must be scary for them.

Maybe it has something to do with them being in that rough part of South Africa called Slummies, must be scary for them.

:lol::lol::lol:

Could very well be...I learnt today my Gem tang came from a broken home where he was bullied...explains why he’s so Aggro - nature vs nurture

So got an RSM130 nano from @Ebi Omer last night. The plan for the tank is to use it as a refugium plumbed to this display next to it with macro algae. The plan for the RSM130's cabinet is to use it for all the big tank's plugs and cables. Ordered Miracle Mud off Amazon, should be here in 2 weeks for the bottom of the tank. Then we are going to KZN beginning of November, so will collect some live sand for the second layer. And finally the top layer will be some aragonite from the display. Then let it cycle/qt for a month and then connect it to the display. Then the plan is some seagrass, if I can find some, else Caluerpa. Hopefully the thick sand bed with the mud and the macro algae helps with nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom