Horrible powerfailure hits puppy's tank

Puppy

Lives for SPS
Reaction score
Fellow reefers ,today was one of the saddest days that I have ever experienced.
I cannot describe and explain in words how a power cut has ripped me a part.
The fact that I lost 20 fish so far including all my rare fish hurts me even more.
For now I am doing my best to save the rest of my system which means I am still not sure what has survived.
I will post updates on my progress.

So sorry to hear mate! Hope you save as much as you can!

really sorry to hear about this puppy ,how long was the power cut ?

Really sorry to hear buddy. If there anyway i can help out,give me a shout.

Hell, really sorry to hear this, please keep us updated.

sorry to hear dude!! not good at all....i thought power cuts were over....im sure it was something else but none the less a terrible loss....

A huge thanks for the reefers who help me out last night.
It's such a great feeling to know that others cares
just as much as I do.
Before i knew it 250L of sea water was dropped off and they started to-do a water change .I was still busy planning around what to-do when they made up my mind for me.
Seachem stability was thrown into the system to help breakdown any ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.Ammonia pads was also placed in the sump.Wayne Morrisson personly brought these 2 products over from his shop and decided to help out as well.Once again thanks!
The dead stock that we could remove we took out.
About 15 or so fishes are still missing
The sps for now looks ok ,but i will access the situation a bit later .Early this morning i did another 150L waterchange hoping that nothing spikes or gets out of control.

Yes i do have a gennie,but it's of no use if i dont know about the powerfailure.
I would say the power went out around 8:30 am.
It came back on 15min after i arrived home at around 6pm.

Shame man David - REALLY sorry to hear about this.... btw: I am sharing in your loss - I too lost 13 out of my 15 fish I had in my tank - during the wee hours of yesterday morning my cuke decided to climb onto/into the intake of one of my power-heads... :-(

Back
Top Bottom