Horrible powerfailure hits puppy's tank

David, you are welcome to take one of my tangs when you decide to restock, come help yourself buddy.

Thanks Muz ,do u perhaps have a chevron :lol:.
It's not everyday u get a offer like that from anyone,but for now I am planning only pipefish along with what survived and what the guys already brought me.
Imran thanks again for the fishies :thumbup:
At the moment i am waiting to see what fish survived .
Some good news is that i saw the purple tang popping up between the sticks .
What a feeling man!

Pictures of dead fish?:lol:
In a day or 2 i wll post a fts if thats what u asking for.

Nah, off what u have left (Or what u can see anyways). I can imagine the dead ones fine enough ;). Ag hope it all works out for you. When shit like this happens u just wanna nuke Eskom...

sad

Shame man David - REALLY sorry to hear about this.... btw: I am sharing in your loss - I too lost 13 out of my 15 fish I had in my tank - during the wee hours of yesterday morning my cuke decided to climb onto/into the intake of one of my power-heads... :-(
Hi jacques and david if i can help in anyway pls call sorry to here about you guys loss

If I could put together a mains fail alarm to send out an SMS would you guys be interested?

It would cost in the region of R1500?

a bigger unit to monitor temp too could be put together for just over R2000.

its not cheep but if there is enough interest will start designing and look at more accurate costing.

regards
Roy

I am so sorry to here this, if i can help with anything, water changes ect, i will. Juast a question what the is the water quality looking like, and how are the twigs looking like?

very best regards
Jason.

It's been 2 days now and I am pretty sure that what I am seeing is what is left.
The good news is that I only lost 3 acro's and managed to save everything else coral wise.
The bad news is that 3 x cleaner shrimp and 1 clam did not make it, along with 23 fish.
The list of fish:
12 x Anthias
pair of Royal Grammar's
kole tang
sailfin tang
sohal tang
chocolate tang
chevron tang
powder blue tang
flame angel
six line wrasse
branded pipefish

The survivors:
Pair of ocellaris clownfish
Pair of Benggai cardinals
Naso tang
Purple tang
Yellow tang
Black sailfin Blenny

I have now invested in the tunze safety connectors to prevent this from happening again.It's just a pity I did it a little 2 late.

Hi David. I am glad on the one side that the list does NOT include 32 fish. I am sad for you on the other hand of the LIST of fish you lost....

Only one thing to do now, mate..... go on... start searching again. Good luck on your quest..... I am holding thumbs for you...

That's a big loss man, sorry again!!! But look on the bright side, at least you didn't loose everything :)

just seen this thread now, sitting miles away in the heart of london and all i can say is that I am truley sorry for your loss david. I have always loved your tank and your enthusiasm and love for your fish was so obvious, so I am sure its really hard for you.

very very sad to hear:(

It's been 2 days now and I am pretty sure that what I am seeing is what is left.
The good news is that I only lost 3 acro's and managed to save everything else coral wise.
The bad news is that 3 x cleaner shrimp and 1 clam did not make it, along with 23 fish.
The list of fish:
12 x Anthias
pair of Royal Grammar's
kole tang
sailfin tang
sohal tang
chocolate tang
chevron tang
powder blue tang
flame angel
six line wrasse
branded pipefish

The survivors:
Pair of ocellaris clownfish
Pair of Benggai cardinals
Naso tang
Purple tang
Yellow tang
Black sailfin Blenny

I have now invested in the tunze safety connectors to prevent this from happening again.It's just a pity I did it a little 2 late.

crap:( some of the nicest fish i have ever seen listed as lost there. i am really sorry mate

Last edited by a moderator:
carp:( some of the nicest fish i have ever seen listed as lost there. i am really sorry mate

LOL yeah sure crispin ;) carp are the best(in a dam though)!!!!:p

on a more serious note puppy i feel it for you man you are probably one of the most usefull and helpful members here and always willing to share your knowledge,i'm sure you wont let this get you too down though and i see you've already gone out there and acquired equipment to avert a disaster like this from happening again.....

judging from your losses i would say the biggest cause of death was lack of oxygen hence the fish and shrimp dying of first?so i think just having something like an airpump and the sump return pump connected to a ups would work wonders??

Last edited:
Hi puppy

sorry for your loss man. if there is still any help you need, just let me know. I still wanna see your setup.

Hey Puppy, sorry to hear about the loss man. I know the feeling:mumbles: I lost my Coral Beauty and Flame Angel last week due to power problems(be it my own fault)... Still sucks. :banghead:

Terrible news - feel your pain. Rebuild better than before. I have an inverter powering my PC's in event of power failure. Switches on automatically. Not noisy and expensive like generators. Maybe a big one could run your system. Got it from UPS Direct in Linbro Park

Back
Top Bottom