Highfives setup

Reaction score
Hey guy here are my tank stats:
1m x 0.46m x 0.46m - Reef
0.9m x 0.3m x 0.45m - Refuge
Reefoctopus Skimmer

About 25Kg Live Rock (Malaysian and Kenya)

Lighting
3 x 150W MH (2 x 12K and 1x 14K)
2 x 24W T5's Aquamedic

Livestock
Yellow Tang
2 x Common Clowns
2 x Purple Gobies
1 x Fire Gobie
1 x Mandarin

Acropora
Montipora
Mushrooms
Donut coral
Frogspawn
Crocea Clam
Open Brain
Closed Brain
Star Polyps

Params
SG- 1.022
Temp 26 - Constant
Ammonia- 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0
Alk - 5dKh
Calcium - 428
Phosphates - 0

Additives
Salt: Tropic Marin Pro Reef
Strodium
KH Buffer
Magnesium

Front Pic
DSCN1109.jpg

Looking good, some nice equipment you have there

Welcome Highfive

Welcome High five, nice setup.

Am i reading correctly when you say alk 5dkh?
If so you would get much better results with a higher alk anywere between 8 and 12 Dkh is cool.

Very Cool High Five.

What is the egg-crate on the back wall for ?

Some of the rock is resting on the back pane of glass..... so I am using it between the glass and the rock work...

I cant get the Kh higher... been buffering... to no avail... I think it might be the test kit... so trying to get a new one....

The refuge is on a reverse photo period.... so the Ph is quite constant...

welcometomasa

Nice tank you have there, how long has it been running?

I agree with Tridan, try and up your dKH a bit, otherwise everything is cool, nice :thumbup1:

Welcome to MASA, nice to have you on board. Wow some serious lighting and water flow for that size system. Do your LPS corals not take a bit of strain? Would like to see some pics of the engine room.

welcometomasa Highfive.

Try shielding the cameras lens from the lighting when taking pics. Your pics will come out better.

Currenlt my fuge is setup next to the display, the water is pumper from the display through the skimmer and into the fuge... then gravity back to the display.

The lps seem fine with the increased light. (so far)... I will try get some more pics, that one was mainly just to show a mate the new lighting setup.

Not a hair algae problem... caulerpa.... and it seem the tang is not interested in it...
But feeding less algae waffers for it to start sleaning up the tank...

just suffering a bit from diatoms since installing the new lighting... has this happened to anyone before?....

Back
Top Bottom