High TDS reading

if you test salt water with a t.d.s meter.......you may aswell re caliberate your meter or in some cases throw away and buy a new one......if you using a nornal t.d.s meter as they only read up to 999

salt water can go up to 30000

so just a warning to those reading the thread.....not a good idea to start testeing salt water just for the hell of it.....damge can be done to the micro-board

if you test salt water with a t.d.s meter.......you may aswell re caliberate your meter or in some cases throw away and buy a new one......if you using a nornal t.d.s meter as they only read up to 999

salt water can go up to 30000

so just a warning to those reading the thread.....not a good idea to start testeing salt water just for the hell of it.....damge can be done to the micro-board
I have first hand experience of that, when I got my first cheap TDS meter from ebay I was testing everything :p, until I tested my tank water, after that it had to go in the dustbin. :(

lol@ viper

dont worry dude.......i have had about 20 customers do that......:)
the funny thing is, many peopledont own up to there mistake......they just call and say.....oops theres something wrong with the t.d.s meter......they want a replacement.:nono:

Back
Top Bottom