hiding anemone

Discussion in 'Anemone's' started by sahar2000, 7 Jul 2013.

1. sahar2000

sahar2000

Hi, I bought an anemone but since the first day it went and hid under a rock. My clownfish also goes under the rovk so now i cant see either of them. When the lighting goes on it shows itself a bit but never totaly comes out. Please help . My tank is 120*70*80. All the water parameters were ok. I have had the tank for 3 months now. I have an skimmer and all the necessary lighting.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dorry

Dorry dorry

Sahar 20000, even all your parameters tip top. You tank not mature enough to put a anemone in. You tank must be at lease 9 month old. You also need to feed him lance fish , once a week.

4. deadmeat2016

deadmeat2016 Wouter

Dorry is correct but its not set in stone with the maturing time, it depends on how stable your tank is and how well you are mentally switched onto the hobby, I dont mean to sound rude by saying that, there is just something that clicks in one after a period of marine keeping and can't be forced.

Don't give up and give us more info with the basics first and most important; Salinity, how you check salinity, are you sure you are checking it correctly, lighting, skimmer, wave flow in the tank, everything you feel will help us get an idea of your situation.

Do ask and understand before spending your money on marine animals, for the sake of the animal and your wallet, not to mention the morale it could drain from you and prevent you from enjoying this hobby properly. Do not ignore mistakes, make the best of it and learn to get it right next time.

To get back to your situation, what is
    and who advised you on this? Anemones are very dependant on lighting generally which is why only reefers with experience in providing alot of light should be advised to house anemones.

The species will also help us help you, what did you buy it as? what was the colour and shape of tentacles? and if I may ask, price paid?

Anemones are quite funny animals and unpredictable when survival in concerned, except for the bubble tip, i hope for ur part you did get a bubbletip :blush:

Help us help you and no detail is too small.

Worst case scenario is the death of the animal which would cause the water to smell and skimmer to work like the clappers until it has rotted away - I would suggest removing the leftovers as soon as death is established and called.

5. chikaboo

chikaboo

Nemmies usually hide when there is too much or too little of something ... Some pics might help and more detailed info .... Your flow could be too much for the nemmie or could be that under the rock is a sweet spot where the pumps are blowing nicely .... The lights also could be too instense where you placed the nemmie therefore it is hiding ... The tank where the nemmie came out from ... How was that lighting compared to yours ...... Remember also nemmies cant be forced to stay in one spot .... If they unhappy ... they WILL walk ..... You need to give us more info to assist further .... What pumps, what lights, tank dimensions and where the nemmie was placed in respect to the all the above details ....

6. Dorry

Dorry dorry

:welcometomasa2

7. Dorry

Dorry dorry

Anemone do walk and they find there spot own spot they like. Some anemone like strong water flow and strong lights, then you get the one they don't like strong water flow. Did you try feed him if you did and his arms sticky on your finger he is still healthy can you take a pic of the anemone., even is its half of it. .

8. deadmeat2016

deadmeat2016 Wouter

whatever you do, just dont physically force it or handle it roughly but be aware that if its dead then siphon it out, lets hope for the best and you don't own the anemone, it tolerates being captive so you need to keep it happy! As requested though, the more info can help us help you and pics are even better

9. sahar2000

sahar2000 Thread Starter

Thank you all for the great information. I live in iran and I wasnt told that my tank needed to.be 9 months old before i fet anemones. Mine is a bubble tip as i was told by the sellers.I bought the anemone about 50$. My clown fish loves it. It shows itself after the lights go on now. I fed it shrimp meat and it moved the shrimp with the tentacles to its mouth. My lighting is two 14000 hallide metals and two long lamps( sorry i dont know the english name).they go on for eight hours every day. I love my tank and spend almost all day reading and getting info about it. Thankyou again for all your help

10. Dorry

Dorry dorry

Hi, how is your anemone doing. Did he settle in know. I would like if you can post a photo of your tank and anemone. And it is a pleasure to help you, with even little the little knowledge i have.:thumbup:

11. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Bubble tips are anemones that do not require the brightest lights. They will go into hiding for a few days or even weeks in a new tank. Mine is at 4 weeks still hiding, but still going OK. I feed it once a week, and lately it does extend it fingers into the light area. But the base is still under the rock.

12. Anemone

Anemone

Is the anemone white? How about a pic?

Recent Posts