Hi

Reaction score
I have just joined this forum courtesy of Mekaeel who contacted me whilst I was surfing the zeovit forum. I am from London, England and have been keeping marines for more than 12 years. My current tank is just over three years old, 250 gallon including a 100 gallon sump, mainly sps and lps and lots of fish - around 40 (no pics as yet). First impressions are it is a very well informed forum and Mekaeel has a very nice reef.

Glad you made it here!
Welcome to MASA :)
Thanks for the compliments on my reef :) still uploading more pics.
Please share pics of your tank with us. We love pics here in SA :)

Hi Zahira, welcome to MASA, what part of London are you in? i'm in the South East, near Bromley :)

welcoem Zahira, i missed this thread when you first joined:)

If you are on UR, why not share some of your tank with us here on MASA too, espevcially as Mek managed to drag you all the way from London to join us here:) Meks a fine fella, slightly hairy legs but he does keep a good tank :)

What sort of tank do you have, also SPS dominated if you are using Zeo?

Meks a fine fella, slightly hairy legs but he does keep a good tank :)
Chuckle chuckle. So you have a preference for men with less hair.? If not why you looking at Miki's fine kick boxing battle scarred legs?

Belated Welcome To MASA!!

welcoem Zahira, i missed this thread when you first joined:)

If you are on UR, why not share some of your tank with us here on MASA too, espevcially as Mek managed to drag you all the way from London to join us here:) Meks a fine fella, slightly hairy legs but he does keep a good tank :)

What sort of tank do you have, also SPS dominated if you are using Zeo?

My tank is sps dominated with a few lps and softies. However, I do have just over 35 fish in a 250 gallon and keeping nitrates and phosphates under control is difficult. I changed to zeovit system a few months ago and made a mistake of removing the rowaphos reactor immediately. My phosphates shot up to nearly 1ppm from virtually zero and I had to resort to using lanthanum chloride to bring it down. Its now at 0.03 after eight weeks. I am hoping to reduce the usage of lanthanum chloride now and allow the zeovit system to take control. Still working on reducing the nitrates which are now possibly between 50-100ppm. However, nitrates are not too much of a bother.
Have not been able to take any decent pics of the tank so will post pics when I have.

My tank is sps dominated with a few lps and softies. However, I do have just over 35 fish in a 250 gallon and keeping nitrates and phosphates under control is difficult. I changed to zeovit system a few months ago and made a mistake of removing the rowaphos reactor immediately. My phosphates shot up to nearly 1ppm from virtually zero and I had to resort to using lanthanum chloride to bring it down. Its now at 0.03 after eight weeks. I am hoping to reduce the usage of lanthanum chloride now and allow the zeovit system to take control. Still working on reducing the nitrates which are now possibly between 50-100ppm. However, nitrates are not too much of a bother.
Have not been able to take any decent pics of the tank so will post pics when I have.
wow sounds like you ahve had a battle on note on your hands and are starting to bring it under controll :) keep at it.

thats a heavey bio load for sure you have in there, but 35 fish have got to look pretty swimming over a mixed reef :) I would love to know more about your system, and especially about the difficulties you ahve come into with Zeo as i know of a numebr of memebers on MASA looking to impliment the system. Perhaps your experience can be their wisdom :)

oh and dont stress about Meks gender, its actually rather hard to tell when you meet the fella :)

Welcome Zahira. Have you used Prodibio as a means top reduce nutrients or are you going to use the Zeovit bacteria?

Welcome Zahira. Have you used Prodibio as a means top reduce nutrients or are you going to use the Zeovit bacteria?

I am going to stick with Zeobak only. Apart from not coping with the nitrates and the increase in phosphates during changeover to the zeovit system, I cannot see any drawbacks. I am hoping that gradually, it should cope with the bioload. I have noticed that my water is a lot clearer now than before. Whether this is due to the zeovit or the use of lanthanum chloride (to reduce phophates) or a combination of both, I am not sure. I also find the sps are getting better colours with the zeovit system. Still reasonably early days (around three months) specially with a tank like mine with high bioload but will update as time goes on.

Welcome to MASA Zahira - hope you enjoy it here with us ;)

Back
Top Bottom