Hi

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been keeping tropical fish for the past 7 years & have always wanted to try my hand at marines. As luck would have it my cousin has passed on his tank to me :). Tank measures 90 X 45 X 60 with a built in sump at the back. along with it i got a heater, protein skimmer, air pump & 2 pumps. That much i know. i would like to get started as soon as possible so guys pleeeeeeas help. thanx

Welcome to MASA Farhad :)
what protein skimmer do you have?
fill up the tank using NSW or a good Synthetic mix,add ggod quality LR (fiji is good)
allow the tank to cycle for 4-6weeks before introducing any livestock.
also read to through this thread Starting a Marine Tank - Beginner Discussions helps alot :)

Hi everyone. I've been keeping tropical fish for the past 7 years & have always wanted to try my hand at marines. As luck would have it my cousin has passed on his tank to me :). Tank measures 90 X 45 X 60 with a built in sump at the back. along with it i got a heater, protein skimmer, air pump & 2 pumps. That much i know. i would like to get started as soon as possible so guys pleeeeeeas help. thanx

Firstly, welcome to the forum, there, that's the easy bit over with:)

Now back up fella:p 90 x 45 x 60, are we in metric land or imperial, the state of my undies depends on this????

Secondly, please tell us what equipmwent you have - if you can, it can make quite a difference to how we can help, the more we know, the better.
Thirdly, start reading, then ask questions and then read some more:)

this is fantastic hobby, but to get the best from it, you really need to understand your system, and how to look after it.

All the best, Mike.

welcometomasa

hope you enjoy this great hobby. Check out the link Mek has given you, it is really great info.

Welcome to Masa Farhad, don't be shy to ask - it's the only way you learn.

Welcome dude

Thanx for the welcome guys. The tank is in cm's & i honestly have no clue as to what skimmer i have. Thanx for the link Mek, will read through it. once i setup i will post pics

Thanx for the welcome guys. The tank is in cm's & i honestly have no clue as to what skimmer i have. Thanx for the link Mek, will read through it. once i setup i will post pics

sounds good, i'm sure we could identify the skimmer from the pic, looking forward to seeing the set up.

A very WARM Welcome to MASA Farhad! Please have a look at the rest of our "newbie" threads - there's a LOT of questions already answered. These questions will have you spark your own questions. Please feel frre to ask as many questions as is needed to get you to set up a successful tank, and keep the many critters that we keep, alive!

Welcome to the forum, ask ask and ask again, we are her to help you:peroni: and to teach you how to drink Peroni

Back
Top Bottom