Hi

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Ant, 18 Jun 2010.

1. Ant

Ant

Hi Guys

My name is Antoinette and my husband and I are very enthusiastic about marine tanks and started our hobby about 3 months ago. We started with a Malawi tank, but when we saw how beautiful a marine tank is, we decided to give it a go.

So far so good. We are "upgrading" to a 580lt tank. At the moment we have live rock, hermit crab and 6 anemones (very small) and I think jelly fish??

So this is me in a nut shell.

Hope to get some great advice on here...

Regards
    Ant

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. flipwhip

flipwhip

Welcome to MASA Antoinette.....:thumbup:

You have definitely come to the right place for good advise, and i think the first bit of advise is going to be regarding those 6 anemones. Before we get into to much detail is it possible to post some pics (as pics are worth a thousand words) and give us a bit more info on your system.

4. Annoying

Annoying

Hey and welcome to MASA!

Would love to see a pic of the tank. How old is tha tank as an anenome must only be placed in a tank thats 9+ months. Also it's weird that you have jelly fish!?? Would love to see a pic of these guys...

5. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

Welcome to MASA .... and yes we love those pics, always helpful to point you in the right direction.

6. Boegie

Boegie

Welcome

7. clinton stanford

clinton stanford

welcome:)

8. gMAN

gMAN with the plan

Welcome to MASA Ant, could those 6 "small" anemones possibly be Aiptasia? Please post pic's as you'll soon find out how much we love pictures :bigthumbup:

9. Singularity

Singularity Hmmm amper!

masahello

10. Jaak

Jaak

Welcome to MASA!!

11. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

Welcome to MASA, glad you joined us. Please post some pics of the setup so we can see what species of anemones you talk about, also the jelly. Pics of the filtration or sump will also be cool :)
    Seeing that you guys are still new in the hobby, have a read through the link in my signature on starting a marine tank, some great info ;)

12. Ant

Ant Thread Starter

WOW what a nice warm welcome!

We have a 300lt tank at the moment (Upgrading to a 580lt tank next week). Ill check the specs on all the other and post pics soon as well.

Regarding the anemones, looks like it could be Aiptasia, but ill post the pic, not sure if it is. The guy that got us hooked on this said it is anemones. The pic is not very clear, I hope it helps.[​IMG]

Why we think we have jelly fish is that its very small white round shaped and it swims like a jelly fish. It sits against the glass. There are alot of them. We discovered it about 4 days ago.

We have a hermit crab at the moment as well as 3 Clown fish. We bought a shrimp, starfish and one of those with the spikes (cant remember the name now) as well as alot of live rock. But unfortunatly the crab at the cleaner shrimp, starfish and the one with the spikes up. Is it worth it to have a hermit crab in the tank if he eats up everything?

My husband is not very patient with this hobby and I have read that you have to be to make a success out of it, so I am reading up on everything and sharing the information with him.

Regards
    Ant

13. Ant

Ant Thread Starter

Thanks so much! Love the link.

And yes we are hooked as badly as you said in the first paragraph LOL

Recent Posts