Hi to all

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Nice to see yet another good group of people who have become addicted to all that is marine. I moved to the Philippines from the U.S. four years ago to fully retire with my wonderfull wife Linda and to be near the amazing coral reefs here.
My reef aquarium system consists of an 80 gallon display with a refugium and sump tied into it, and of course stocked through my own collecting efforts.

Chuck

Wow, Chuck i envy you, living next to some of the most beautiful reef in the world, enjoy your retirement.
Welcome to the forum

Hi chuck. Welcome. If ever you need help doing a water change, or trimming your lawn i will volunteer the position. Just pay my airfare and i will be there in a flash.:biggrin:

Hi chuck. Welcome. If ever you need help doing a water change, or trimming your lawn i will volunteer the position. Just pay my airfare and i will be there in a flash.:biggrin:

I will help rake the leaves and pump the water,

Welcome to Masa.

Hell ill even clean windows and clean out your skimmer cup. Welcome to Masa.

A very warm welcome to MASA Chuck, enjoy your stay

Thanks to most everyone. I'll let ya all know when the grass needs cutting...lol

Chuck

Welcome to MASA Chuck.i'll help you with collecting stuff fish & corals :p

Welcome to Masa.

Bunch of vultures these. There won't be any grass left after you lot trample everything in the stampede. :lol:

Welcome Chuck - I had a look at your web-site.... Brilliantly done! Many many points of interest there that we all could learn from.I must say - being a fellow SCUBA diver, I share your exact sentiment when it comes to reefs.... I am sure that many of our fellow MASA reefers who SCUBA dive would feel the same way about the reefs, and about keeping a tiny tiny amount of that reef in our tanks.
Hell - if need ever be, we could even help re-populate our natural reefs perhaps one day.... (from our own tanks ;-)

Hope you enjoy our company here on MASA!

Cheers!
Jacques

PS: told my wife about you and the SCUBA operation in Philippines and now she just want to come and visit and dive "your reefs" ;-)

Again, Thanks for such a warm welcome. Its great to be a member of such a forum located in other parts of the world. Gives one a chance to learn of new habitats while making some friends along the way. And please, if anyone decides to visit this area, let me know and I will be more than happy to be your underwater tour guide. I even know a fish exporter nearby along with being able to get export permits at the airport in case you want to take a few fish home with ya....lol I've seen japanese tourists do it, am sure others could as well. Unless South Africa has an issue with it coming in.

Chuck

Kind offer, may one day take you up on it...if we are allowed to reciprocate in kind. I have read that scientists believe that the triangle formed with the Papua New Guinea, Malaysia and Philippines is where most of the Pacific organisms evolved before spreading out to colonize other oceans. Like the Great Rift Valley being the cradle of mankind. We have some incredible diving to offer as well. Our coast (east) is blessed with warm water with frequent cold upwellings caused by each cold front that blows up the coast. The result is an incredibly rich bio diversity. There will be many amongst us that will act as tour guides above and below water.

I've heard the same a few times myself, and I believe it (Philippines) is still considered the center of reef biodiversity as the farther you get away from the Philippines, the less species you will find. Thankfully I shouldn't be around fifty years from now when it all disappears, and if I am, I won't be able to remember what a reef is let alone go diving...lol

Chuck

Back
Top Bottom