Hi, new member and to the hobby

Reaction score
Just want to say hi, got my first DT tank 2 weeks ago finished the scape and it is cycling at the moment, picture below, did quarantine a few Chromis that I quarantined for about 6 weeks and added a few inverts and softies to a cycled QT Tank a few days ago. This is my total experience wrt marine tanks.

Reactions: Baz
Reaction score
Awesome bud! Tell us more about your tank! What lights, skimmer etc are you using? Have you started a Tank thread on the "member systems" forum?
RedSea Reefer 350 tank with ReefLED 90 x 2 and Bubble Magus curve 7 Jebao DCP return pump. I am still in 2 mind wrt flow, either wait for the RedSea ReefWave 45 w or 2x 25 w, alternatively just get 3 x Jebao SLW-10. The problem with the SLW-10 is that the magnets do not work through the 12mm RSR glass, but I like the low profile.

Reaction score
WoW look what I discovered in my QT tank creeping out of a rock with a few mushrooms on that I bought over the weekend? wonder what else is lurking in that rock.

It is red an white, survived a 30 min full strength reef dip.

Jscholtz014

210 LITRE AQUARIUM
Reaction score
Looks like a bristle star. I used to have one come out at night. They're quite cool to admire in my opinion

Reaction score
very cool

Excellent that you are quarantining

Lotsa new fish bugs going around wiping entire systems out.

best to quarentine, and I agree with at least 6 weeks to be safe

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @scopulum

You have a very nice setup there and quite a few nice plans ahead.

Proper QT is the only way to go and I am glad to see people are starting to realise that. It takes but one bit of bad luck for everything to go bad.

Reaction score
very cool

Excellent that you are quarantining

Lotsa new fish bugs going around wiping entire systems out.

best to quarentine, and I agree with at least 6 weeks to be safe
Proper QT is the only way to go and I am glad to see people are starting to realise that. It takes but one bit of bad luck for everything to go bad.
Thank you @marine101 and @SFlow

I got a great quarantine recipe from @Humblefish for my fish quarantine tank, and it seems to work great, just put my first set of Chromis trough a six week quarantine program and they are the first entrants into my DT. Looking forward to quarantining 3 clowns and a Yellow dot foxface next, just need to find some first.

Quarantining corals and inverts is a different story though, have some inverts and corals in a qt tank and discovered some stuff that made it through the initial dip process, rather concerning.

Top Bottom