Hi Guys I just Joined the hobby last month. Tank is cycled

Reaction score
I have a 95l cube, and i want to start off with some frogspawn. Can anyone help me out.
I am based in Jhb South. Alberton area.
I have tried live aquatics, they do not have any in stock. Any reefers have any pieces for sale thanks
Theo

Last edited:
Maybe start wit something a bit easier. Like some zoas. Or some leather coral pieces. Or even some mushrooms. But that’s only an opiy

Is this your first saltwater tank? Tell us more about the tank with pictures and so
And for coral check the forsale section

I have got some zoa frags and one finger leather already. They are doing great. So i wanted to atleast try a frogspawn coral now.

I've got 4 fish. Two clown gobies and a red fish. Not sure what the name is. The fish shop said they are easy to keep. And one designer clown.

Bought them all 3 days apart.
I tested my water at live aquatics on the weekend. And I was told that my phosphate were higher. And my alk was a little high. So I added purigen to the tank. And I stopped dosing alk for a while

Got zoas and leather corals. And one green coral. I don't know what it is . I want to try some frogspawn. I always wanted those types of corals that's why I joined the hobby. Pity I can't find them anywhere.

Best advise I can give you is to buy your own test equipment and learn how to test water cause with a nano you'll need them unless you plan on letting the LFS test your water twice a week

I have ordered my test kits from takealot. Should be here next week hopefully

It's not a problem. My LFS doesn't mind testing those for me right now since I'm new

It's not a problem. My LFS doesn't mind testing those for me right now since I'm new
Problem is that your LFS will not be available late at night when you realize something might be wrong. Especially in a small tank. Things can go south quickly

Last edited:
Well ill be sleeping at night lol, so I wont know either way. I'm not going to let this hobby consume me. I'm going for a very easy, low maintenance setup. With few Lps corals. When you start getting too involved, especially on a small tank, you get overwhelmed, and end up quitting from all the hard work. No need to make something overly complicated ,when it doesn't have to be. I am feeding sparingly and keeping up with my weekly water changes. I am sure I got this under control.

Back
Top Bottom