Hi from egypt

HI WALID WELCOM TO MASA
Yes I agree with Mike for circulation to prevent the nitrate buld up and for the fish to retreat in. It must also look natural as possible. were is your filter pics please. I think you must still wait before you put live stock in you can maybe put in a molly or two, to help you maturation.
ya man
but i dont need molly becuse i I adopted the dead organisms available rocks​
to starte the cycle​

Ahlan w Sahlan Walid a MASA. Kif Zayak. That's my phonetics of egyptian arabic. Welcome to Masa.
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Ahlan w sahlan beek Tony you are my best frind In MASA ShooKran(mean thanks) to you
you are very good in Egy Arabic

Welcome to MASA Wringo, hope you enjoy it here with us. Please read through my signature for some great beginner info. Please be patient to cycle your tank, don't rush to put live stock in. Wait the 4-6 weeks and only if your water parameters test fine and is stable for a week then you can add a clean up crew and after that one or two fish. Also wait a week or so for the biological bacteria to build up before adding more fish. Fish can die from ammonia poisoning if the cycle is not finnished.
Enjoy the hobby, and be patient ;)

:wave2:
Thank you for your interest Tobes​

i read the subject in your signed that very useful

WELCOME to MASA, and to this great hobby :thumbup:

Given that you've had a lot of die-off from your live rock, and that the tank must cycle properly, I would suggest a MINIMUM of 3 months before you add any fish - and if you could wait another month or two longer it would be a lot better.

Looking at your second photo, what are those red things in the tank? It looks like sponges, and it if it is, I would suggest that you remove them, or at least watch them very closely, and remove them at the first sign of die-off, else they will pollute your tank.

Be patient, and do a lot of research / reading whilst you wait for your tank to fully mature.

Hennie
Hi:Reef Maniac you are true Some of my professionals friends in egypt say to me that (three Months bettet to add fish ) but
Governor here is a test, the last test appare that ammonia =0 and
Nitrite which is now very high​
thanks for your intrest:thumbup:

Governor here is a test, the last test appare that ammonia =0 and Nitrite which is now very high

Yes, conventionally a tank is considered "cycled" once the ammonium and nitrite has peaked and then dropped to zero. In a reef tank, though, one would also like to have the nitrate quite low, but the anaerobic bacteria which breaks down nitrate grows quite a bit slower than the aerobic bacteria which breaks down the ammonium and nitrite. So, a reef tank is only considered properly cycled once the nitrate also peaked and has then dropped to a low level (not more than 10ppm, and preferably undetectable) - only then should you start to add corals and other sensitive inverts.

Hennie

Yes, conventionally a tank is considered "cycled" once the ammonium and nitrite has peaked and then dropped to zero. In a reef tank, though, one would also like to have the nitrate quite low, but the anaerobic bacteria which breaks down nitrate grows quite a bit slower than the aerobic bacteria which breaks down the ammonium and nitrite. So, a reef tank is only considered properly cycled once the nitrate also peaked and has then dropped to a low level (not more than 10ppm, and preferably undetectable) - only then should you start to add corals and other sensitive inverts.

Hennie
Your name Hennie?
thanks for your help thats realy usefull information
And always Sawavic developments​
;)

HI guys:Yasterday i tested my tanke i found follwing:
amonium=0
nitrite= very hai
nitrat=very hai and iwas suprised that
Is that this 21 day of the cycil
is this normal ? I was, in my belief that the nitrates=zero even nitrite droubed

Hi Wringo

Be patient, it's only the 3-4 weeks in the cycle now. The ammonia will go up and then it will come down. The nitrites will then climb and come down and then the nitrates will go up. It is now up to the live rock and a matured deep sand bed (which you won't have now) or macro algae like chaetomorpha to concume the nitrates. Sometimes this cycle can take 2 months, depending on the die-off in the tank and the filtration. Weekly water changes is recommended during a cycle as well.

Hi Wringo

Be patient, it's only the 3-4 weeks in the cycle now. The ammonia will go up and then it will come down. The nitrites will then climb and come down and then the nitrates will go up. It is now up to the live rock and a matured deep sand bed (which you won't have now) or macro algae like chaetomorpha to concume the nitrates. Sometimes this cycle can take 2 months, depending on the die-off in the tank and the filtration. Weekly water changes is recommended during a cycle as well.
Thanks Mr Tobes but iam Despair now
i dont have sand bed the sand onely in the bttom of the tank also cant get the
the live rook even the sump that i will made not equipped to sand bed or alga in Egypt we depend on the extrnal filter or normal sump i will photo evey thing
in my tank and even the media in my filter and i will showt that pict
:(:(:(:(:(:(

Weekly water changes is recommended during a cycle as well
i dont know when i change water during a cycle?

Looking at your second photo, what are those red things in the tank? It looks like sponges, and it if it is, I would suggest that you remove them, or at least watch them very closely, and remove them at the first sign of die-off, else they will pollute your tank.

Be patient, and do a lot of research / reading whilst you wait for your tank to fully mature.

Hi Hennie:that a red thing
A kind of beautiful rocks of the Red Sea

with a time
that could become live and produce
organsime like aplante as fellow pic:

that name by arbic Dam el Akhawen but by eng mean: Blood of two brother

Wringo are you allowed to collect fish from the Red Sea ?

Especially Purple Tangs and Sohals ?

p-74487-sohal-tang.jpg

p-74331-tang.jpg

Wringo are you allowed to collect fish from the Red Sea ?

Especially Purple Tangs and Sohals ?

p-74487-sohal-tang.jpg

p-74331-tang.jpg
HI war7207
Obtained for fish and rocks from the Red Sea but Illegal

Already i purchased
2 sohil
2 blou tang
1 Baygo
but i will add in my tank when my cycil be complete​

Back
Top Bottom