Hi everyone

Reaction score
Hi guys

My name is Andre. Some of you might know me from other forums or from meeting me in person. (For instance, I finally found out where Rory dissapeared to :) ).

I have been thinking about getting a marine tank for a few years now and actually have quite a few pieces of marine equipment at home that I gathered over the years. I have been working in and around the rest of Africa since November last year, and I am currently situated in Cameroon (Douala).

A few of my friends have recently started up reeftanks, so I decided to take the plunge as well when I get home.

For now I will be saving up some €€€€ and reading the threads on MASA.

Cheers

Andre

Last edited:

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to MASA Andrec, happy posting & learning.:wave2:

Reaction score
Hi Warr

Life is pretty good in Cameroon. I keep quite a few tropical (freshwater) fish and exploring their natural habitat and catching some killies and Pelvicachromis taeniatus in the wild has been fun. Last year I had a brief stay in Nigeria, and I definitely prefer Douala over Lagos. Lagos had 14 million people at the last census, but the true estimate is apparently up to 30 million.

I guess the best thing so far is the temperature of the sea water! Coming from Cape Town I still test the water with my feet everytime I get to the swimming pool or the sea :)

Does anyone know if there are any coral reefs on the West Coast of africa? I guess with the colder current there might not be?

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
A very WARM welcome to MASA Andre! Hey, mate - you at the TROPICAL ATLANTIC, so yes- there are MOST DEFINITELY coral reefs there. Just none that I can mention RIGHT now. I will search some and then post :)

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score