Hi, Everyone!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Delcol77, 6 Jul 2011.

1. Delcol77

Delcol77

I live in Hartenbos and I am busy in the process of opening a new seafood restaurant. I don't know who to contact in SA that can build a customized Saltwater Fishtank under the counter. Does anyone know who to contact please? I am looking forward to learn from all you guys how to set up a Saltwater Fishtank, someone told me it is impossible, but I also know nothing is impossible!!!:thumbup:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. KeeganP

KeeganP

:thumbup: Welcome, You've come to the right place!!

4. regis

regis

Maybe elite pets

5. Ghaydeen

Ghaydeen

Hi and welcome ... There's loads of help here!

6. Reef Maniac

Reef Maniac MASA Contributor

Hartenbos is quite far from the closest commercial people who could set up your system professionally (I'm thinking of some guys in Johannesburg, Durban area or Cape Town, so I suspect that it will cost you a packet to have them come to you to do the setup. this would, of course, be the best option (and I would recommend looking at the Sponsor's forum for a likely business), but as an alternative, why don't you stick around for a few weeks, learn as much as you can, and then do it yourself - MASA members will gladly advise as you go along (and before you outlay any money...).

Hennie

7. Delcol77

Delcol77 Thread Starter

Thanks!!!

Wow, I can see that I have come to the right place!!! I think going through the forums will teach me a lot! Maybe go the route you have suggested, Hennie and do it myself, although I am a female, I don't think it will be impossible for me to do! Still trying to figure out how the site works, though...:)

8. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

welcome!

you are right, NOTHING is impossible, if you take some pics of the proposed area we are more than willing to help you every step of the way and get you too super reef status in no time.

also what are your expectations? I would suggest starting of with a Fish and Live rock only system and after a few months can see where you find yourself, it is also the most cost effective and cheapest way into the hobby and quite forgiving to beginners

9. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

Welcome to MASA

10. Evo R

Evo R

Hi and WELCOME !!

Give me a shout as im in Mosselbay.I'm Busy with a friend's Seafood resturant and there display tank ect.

11. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

:welcometomasa2:

12. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

Welcome to MASA Delcol77, glad you joined us. You can start gaining knowledge by reading the link in my signature on starting a marine tank. Reefmaniac (Oom Hennie) wrote it, great info for you to take in ;)

13. Braco

Braco

Welcome ...welcome...welcome...here you will get guidance..maybe teach you a trick or two..save you some money(not all of it though)..and we all chirp in our 2cents in every step of the way..but learn about marines you definitely will..i am still following..and believe me the ride has been awesome..;)

14. Alan

Alan Admin MASA Contributor

Hi and welcome to MASA, great to have you on board.

I am surprised to read this, please take a look through the link to see what is possible in todays hobby. Featured Tanks - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

15. Tremayn

Tremayn

welcome :) .. Dont worry about being a lady, there are a couple ladies here

16. Annoying

Annoying

Hey and welcome to MASA!

17. Reef Maniac

Reef Maniac MASA Contributor

Are the Petshop Girls still open in Mosselbay? They had the hugest anemone that i've ever seen in a tank... Also, Oom Japie and Tannie Marie from Stilbaai?

On the contrary - just ask any of the other Girls on the forum - you just need to shout, and hordes of young (and not so young, myself included :blush:) reefers with more hormones than brains will be there to help :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

So, do tell us what kind of tank you have in mind - and do you want it to be a fish only display, or do you want to keep corals as well? Also, consider the position - a tank that is placed below a counter might not be very visible for your customers, or easy for you to access when you need to do maintenance. It will also restrict the types of lighting you can use, as the top of the counter will become rather hot if you want to use metal halide lamps, and will make the installation of a sump more difficult.

If possible, post a few photos of where you would like to place the tank, and give us an indication of size as well, and let's see if we can collectively design a masterpiece for your restaurant.

Hennie

18. animalia

animalia

We are slowly but surely gaining on the men on the forum - I think that we are more passionate about the hobby and get more done. Welcome!!

19. AndrévN

AndrévN

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mahahaha i do all my tank work myself

Recent Posts