Hi does anyone have any idea how to catch a sand sifting goby

Hi you can use a fish trap. You can make a diy one or aqua-medic sells one that works really well. You use frozen food inside the trap then wait till the fish goes in and drop the trap door. You need to be patient it can take a couple days for the fish to get used to the trap in the tank before it will go inside. That has been the best way for me without desturbing the live rock etc etc.

I caught my diamond goby with a piece of 5kg fishing line and a tiny hook baited with some prawn. Just squash the barb flat with pliers and don’t let him swallow the bait to deep, as soon as the hook is obscured from view in his mouth pull him out.

Helps if you have done some fishing before and know how to unhook a fish quick.

Just weight the hook so it goes straight to the bottom or your other fish will eat it.

Had him in about 10 seconds.

I caught a sandsifter last week with an Aquamedic trap, took about 30 minutes from adding the trap, the biggest problem was to not catch and stress other fish too that went inside with it, had to wait for them to go out again.

I have a carib sea rock with a little hole/cave (you can make something)....i then plonk that in the tank....chase the fish....they always seek refuge in the hole....then just remove the rock.... recently caught my sixline wrasse like that....

Back
Top Bottom