Hi All

Discussion in 'New Members' started by cham, 21 Sep 2011.

1. cham

cham

My Father just recently passed away! He was a keen enthusiast since before I was born!

I've been giving it a bit of thought and have been pondering the idea of getting my own fish tank started with a couple of his old favorite fish (Roman emperor 'I think thats what it is called' and clown fish). There were other fish but I just can't remember their names!

He has Corel lying in a bucking along with two empty fish tanks which I think were quite new. In the Corel bucket theres some type of tube attached to a plug and I'm not too sure what to do with it! Have no idea how too start and maintain his Corel.

There are also heaps of salt water in on of his spare cuboards.

Links or idea's on how to proceed would be nicely appreciated to hear/view!

Regards

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

:welcometomasa2: to MASA...sorry to hear of you'r recent loss..:(..Post some pic's of what you have and then we can work from there...please give spec's also regarding the tanks...:biggrin:..we LOVE pic's..:p

4. Daneo

Daneo

pics an specs ? :1:

5. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

Welcome to MASA. Sorry about your loss. I suggest you read the link in my signature on starting a marine tank - this info will help you a lot :)

6. Mc

Mc

Welcome Cham sorry about your father, but what a great way to pay tribute to him.
    There is so much info on this site and on the web lots and lots of reading.
    From what you say sounds like some kind of air tube and probably liverock in the bucket pics would help, this is normally used to put oxygen in the water, and create some flow as still water would kill off the life/coral on the rock.

7. cham

cham Thread Starter

Ok, so I would probably switch that air tube on asap? I think you right with the appliance being an air tube! I'm taking the maid there this saturday and will take some good pics of his situation! Actually looking forward to doing this!:yeahdude:Just need to sort out some financial minor issues on the estate and deal with some of Dad's basic expenses and get my time back hopefully month end! Seem's like a good community here!

Last edited: 21 Sep 2011
  8. Boegie

Boegie

masahello

9. Mc

Mc

Yes turn it on and if he has a heater for the water turn that on aswell you should try keep the water about 25c. If there is coral in the bucket, and not just rock you will have to do more than that but let us know maybe post a pic if you not sure what it is.;) The guys on this site are very helpful.

10. maxisoft

maxisoft

Welcome to Masa....

Hey guys! Looks like someone should pay a visit here.....if he was in Jhb, I would .....:thumbup:

Mc likes this.
  11. Alan

Alan Admin MASA Contributor

Welcome to MASA and sorry for the recent loss. 100% agree that somebody should pay a visit.

12. cham

cham Thread Starter

Thx guys! Have already packed the camera into the boot for this weekend when I go clean up the place! Will post pic's soon!

13. Tremayn

Tremayn

Welcome dude. Sorry to hear about your loss mate. Where about in Cape town are you? Closest reefer has to visit you

Electrician24 likes this.
  14. Electrician24

Electrician24

Sorry about your loss, I'm free on Saturday if you would like some help, were about do you stay? .I'm in Goodwood.
    Will pm you my cell.

15. Alan

Alan Admin MASA Contributor

:thumbup:

Recent Posts