Hi all i'm new here is a picture of my tank

Welcome Russel.

That "nennie" is very definately a big mushroom, I would think that it bleached due to overheating. They are quite resilient and should come back by grabbing some zooxanthelae from the water. Just try to keep perameters steady and feed a plancton based diet for now.

Good luck.:)

hello russell, welcome to masa great to have you join:)

that tank is indeed looking good, but needs a few changes to run better and for the long term. there is alot you will need to learn, but MASA will help you through it all, the best place for you and your tank in right here :)

a few things to add to what the others have said.

I agree with tobes about the crushed coral, i would definatley change it over to reggies play sand. Just note that reggies needs very very very thourough washing before use and only take a little out at a time. Do you run carbon or phoshpate (PO4) remover? if not read up a little about these and def think of adding them:)

i am not so sure about that Rocjk in the tank either. it looks too flat and slate like to be Live Rock, but i may be mistken. is it heavey and dense or light and pourous? good LR is of parramount importance and its the light pourous stuff that you want, also a few more KG of good Lr would help with lifting your reef a little:)

Take steve warren or Tom up and try ask them around for a beer or two and achat about your talk. having a good experienced reefer have a once over your tank is a great advantage, its also nice to meet people withing the same hobby:)

welcome to masa and happy postings

hey looks like i've got alot of upgrading to do, for now i think the best thing is to just get it out the tank till i have the money to upgrade, what would be the first upgrade that i should make protien skimmer? or sump?

hey looks like i've got alot of upgrading to do, for now i think the best thing is to just get it out the tank till i have the money to upgrade, what would be the first upgrade that i should make protien skimmer? or sump?

no, i dont think you do have a lot of upgrading to do:) take things slow and you can get it all sorted out over time and as budget allows. Dont get a knee jerk reaction and change everything, that will be disasterous for your tank.

but i agree, a good skimmer would be your first and best bet :)

later you can plan a nice simple three chamber sump, but wait till you are more comfotable with what has to happen :)

All seems ok for the moment, they both doing well no problems to report but i wouldn't take my word for it i'm still very new only had a tank for 3 weeks now, though i've learn't alot in that time most of it from this forum

Hey guys good news just spoke to the guy who delivered and is checking the tank, it is a bleached mushroom and not a nemmie and its been alive for 6 weeks now so it should survive, the move caused it to bleach.

Still need an id for these to corals if anyone knows please?

22844aad3cb8a51d0.jpg

22844aad3cf565ac7.jpg

The first pic is a finger leather and the second is zoanthids and the green coral is green star polyps

Welcome to MASA!!

hello russell, welcome to masa great to have you join:)

that tank is indeed looking good, but needs a few changes to run better and for the long term. there is alot you will need to learn, but MASA will help you through it all, the best place for you and your tank in right here :)

a few things to add to what the others have said.

I agree with tobes about the crushed coral, i would definatley change it over to reggies play sand. Just note that reggies needs very very very thourough washing before use and only take a little out at a time. Do you run carbon or phoshpate (PO4) remover? if not read up a little about these and def think of adding them:)

i am not so sure about that Rocjk in the tank either. it looks too flat and slate like to be Live Rock, but i may be mistken. is it heavey and dense or light and pourous? good LR is of parramount importance and its the light pourous stuff that you want, also a few more KG of good Lr would help with lifting your reef a little:)

Take steve warren or Tom up and try ask them around for a beer or two and achat about your talk. having a good experienced reefer have a once over your tank is a great advantage, its also nice to meet people withing the same hobby:)

welcome to masa and happy postings
He is coming to see me on Friday.
Luckily he can get live sand locally which will be better than crushed coral and I have some ideas for his live rock (I suspect the base rock is a local sandstone found at Flatrocks that can be dense). He must definitely get hold of Tom also. Tom did quite a lot to his tank.

hey welcome the best place to be is right here. Hey listen if you want to sell that sailfin i'm very keen on him and i've got a much bigger set up let of know and good luck

LOL! A belated welcome! :D

Got your PM. Call me. :) It will be a pleasure to help out a Jebo Buddy! Ha... Ha..

ps.. Talk to us first before you buy anything else. K?

Back
Top Bottom