Hey guys

Reaction score
Hello guys.

Ok-so I have got a nano TL-450 and its been running for aprox 4months now. It did absolutely fantastic up until one of my sponges died and let go of some toxins and killed basically everything except my zoa's, hermits and snails. O-and two anemones made it as well. Its just bad luck!!!

Going to post some pics...

OK so this is how it used to look before the crash...

S6306241.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A tubeworm, carnation corals, two small suncorals. EVERYTHING in this foto died except the sun corals... (sniff-sniff)

S6306248.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi welcome to MASA, sorry to hear of your tank crash, perhaps avoid sponges and rebuild.

Hi X Factor

If you tell us a bit more about you setup, perhaps we can help.

Hey.

Ok-its a Tl-450-just normal.

I think everything is fine now. I ran the tank with a FW filter with carbon for a week and it started to look better but some zoa's died as well. So I went to VIP Pets in Northgate and bought myself some saltwater. I then took out everything and took out half of the sand as well. I cleaned the remainder of the sand. I realised that by cleaning the sand a new cycle may start:( . But everything looks fine today so I really really hope everyhing goes according to plan...Will keep you guys updated.

I lost a Bangaii cardinal and a reefsafe cowrie in the process btw. Those two were my two saddest losses...:(

Yeah-I am going to stay away from sponges from now-it was a hithickers one as well...Got it from Natal...

O-and thanks for the welcome!

Hi X Factor

I don't want to sound critical, but perhaps you should consider asking one of your friends or your lfs if they are prepared to take care of your live stock and live rock for you. Then you can empty your tank and clean it. Maybe after checking some of the nano threads on MASA you could also improve the standard nano lighting, filtration and get some more flow in the tank.

It might be worth your will to consider the above

whats up
what do you have in your back compartments. do you still have things like sponges and bio balls all that shit. was it a new tank or second hand.
what lighting do you have.
how many times do you do water changes and how much.

Hey.

No none of that crap is in the back compartment! Took it out the day I got the tank. Bought it off second hand...Normal lighting as to a Boyu TL-450. Really enough. White light and acitinic. Weekly-between 10 and 15percent.

lv
I dont think that would be necessary. I considered it though. My brother also got 2 marines going. His tank also suffered from the same sponge that died in his cube. He didnt do any major water changes and the stuff in there is starting to look good again.
I did the maajor WC yesterday and the stuff really looks happy today!

Thanx for the advice!!!

X

A very WARM WELCOME to MASA X Faktor! Sorry to hear about your losses man!

Please run any ideas you might have past us here on MASA. You will find that you deal with a LOT of similar minded folks. Some of which have ALREADY "been there - done that"!
And some of our reefers are REALLY experienced! They have awesome tanks - so please as advice. IT is free and YOU can decide whether you want to listen to it in the end.

It will save MANY fish's lifes, as well as many corals, etc.... in future!

Good luck man!

those strawberry softies you got from furbz, right?
how they doing?
( they don't like light)

Welcome to MASA!!!

Hey jacques.

Thanx 4 the advice! I will surely make use of it in the near future. I am sorry that I didnt mention that I did do what 'lv' said I should do. I took out everything, did a 100percent WC and cleaned the sand. I am glad to say that a cycle did not start due to the sand I cleaned! The thing is, there is not any fish in my tank at the moment and really few zoa's! I will really consider it when it happens again. I am greedy to learn and will surely listen to more 'experienced reefers'... Thats why we are here AAMOF. To learn.

Thanx 4 all the warm welcomes! Appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom