RSS Hey fraggers, meet the EcoTech Elements Coral Propagation Kit

Discussion in 'RSS Feeds' started by MASA Admin, 2 Nov 2013.

1. MASA Admin

MASA Admin Moderator

It has been a few years since EcoTech Marine released the EcoTech Elements Coral Glue and now the company has released its*EcoTech Elements Coral Propagation Kit. The kit includes four tools, glue and coral frag plugs in a swanky bamboo wood box.

What you have come to appreciate from EcoTech is quality materials so expect to see this when you crack open the box. From precision-crafted, German stainless steel tools that are durable and rust resistent to exclusively designed, kiln-fired coral frag plugs designed to hold your newly fragged gem, the entire kit looks top notch.*[​IMG]

As the company says, it includes “All the tools you need. None that you don’t.” Inside you will find the Elements Coral Glue, tweezers, scissors, bone cutters, soft coral clamps and 18 custom coral frags.

The box itself is reminiscent of the past before everything became plastic and the warm bamboo wood will not only add a bit of class to your fragging system. A nice touch on the box, is the company says it can also double as a cutting board. However, we’d find ourselves taking care of the box as long as we could before turning it into a fragging station because it looks to darn swanky.

[​IMG]

Expect these to run around $99 and if you are interested, the kit will be available mid-November at local fish store and online retailers, just in time for the holiday season.*Read the full press release below.

[​IMG]

EcoTech Marine launches Coral Propagation Kit

[Nov. 1, 2013, Allentown, PA]—*EcoTech Marine has launched its EcoTech Elements Coral Propagation Kit, a comprehensive kit of precision-crafted German stainless steel tools, frag plugs and Coral Glue that enables reef enthusiasts to fragment, affix and propagate hard and soft coral.

Contents of the EcoTech Elements Coral Propagation Kit include:

• Exclusively designed kiln-fired ceramic coral frag plugs (18pcs) 3 colors
    • Coral glue, 75ml (1pc)
    • Tweezers, 160mm (1pc)
    • Scissors, 150mm (1pc)
    • Bone cutting forceps, 190mm (1pc)
    • Soft coral clamps 255mm (1pc)
    The tools fit neatly inside a heavy-duty bamboo case that doubles as a cutting board and is secured with magnetic clasps.

“Our Coral Propagation Kit was designed with usability and quality as our top priorities,” said Patrick Clasen, co-founder and director of finance. “We are excited to help aquarists expanding our hobby by cutting, propagating and trading corals using our kit.”

About EcoTech Marine

Founded in 2003 and based in Pennsylvania, EcoTech Marine has revolutionized the way people think about aquarium technology and has raised the industry standard for aquarium equipment. Its technologically superior products, which include its VorTech pumps; Radion lighting products; Elements coral glue; and accessories, offer unmatched performance, and its commitment to elegant design minimizes the equipment’s visual intrusion into customer’s aquarium.

The customer-centric company manufactures and assembles products – each of which has been tested and endorsed by marine biologists – that are easily programmable and customizable.

For more information about EcoTech Marine, visit:*www.ecotechmarine.com, like the company on*Facebook*or follow on*Twitter.

###​

Readers also viewed:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Click here to read the article...

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Ridiculous, over 1k for what is essentially side cutters and superglue. Taking the mickey I think.

4. Andre@ReefAquatics

Andre@ReefAquatics Sponsor

My thoughts exactly, when reading this :)

5. Bendor

Bendor

Brand power baby! No serious fragger would buy this, but I bet you it will sell like hot cakes. As long as they include the instructional DVD. That's something I would like to see on all different type of corals.

6. mariusmeyer

mariusmeyer

If the tools are stainless steel and rust resistant as they claim, then I reckon its worth the price. Stainless steel fragging tools are expensive. Yes you can still use a stanley blade to frag but this really does look the business.

7. Bendor

Bendor

That's true. Medical grade instruments are stainless steal and those 4 instruments could cost a 1000 ZAR if bought locally. I'll have to edit my post above. All reefers must own this set.

I can try and find out what a coral/bone cutter, tweezer, scissor and some small forceps will cost when you buy them from a medical equipment company.

8. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Well I got the super side cutters and the glue are top class. Would love the forceps and tweezers etc. plugs not so keen.

For the complete kit!!! 1k I would buy.

9. 459b

459b Moderator MASA Contributor

I'd buy it just for the box

10. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

wanted to say the same thing. Awesome box. Ill also pay R1k for this set.

11. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

No man, you guys are crazy.

12. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

If you really really have to show off at the next reef meet / fragging event. Then this is the tool to have.

13. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

I have an empty box just like the one in the pictures only R1000 ;)

14. KeeganP

KeeganP

:thumbup: Also like the box.

It's like one of braai utensils box, all braai master's must have :biggrin:

15. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

and they will be sold out for months

great set and worth it surgical and top quality, $99 is cheap if you earn $$$ considering they pay $40 a coral and $10 a polyp, not our vault the R->$ is screwed

thats also the retail price for USA, they did say when they were here they adjust the pricing for local markets etc

Recent Posts