Hey all!

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Im new here but by no means new to marines. Excited to see MASA has to offer!!:thumbup:

hey dude
welcome please give us a brief history of your experience with marines? and some details on your setup? how did you find MASA?

this seems to be the new home of the banned

Welcome Vernon.

We have some nice features here which you will find links to on our home page, like Featured Systems (new), Calculators, Members photo gallery, and our all exclusive Reef Hunters.

Look forward to hearing about your tank (if you have one) and some pics :)

Hey Vernon welcome to MASA or by the sounds of things should i say Australia.

At the beggining of 2005 my passion for marines started when I worked for a LFS. Got a 5 ft Fish only. Like everyone soon moved to reef! Now just recently I scrapped my 5ft, busy building a cube 600mmx600mmx600mm. As soon as my cube is up and running I will definantly be opening thread for all the pic Ho's!!
Thanks for the warm WELCOME!!!

Nice, cubes are becoming really popular these days, show us some progress pics as you go along.

Will do!!! just struggling with designing a sump!! FREAKING IMPOSSIBLE!!! As soon as im confident with a design of a sump will start the tank ASAP!!

are you going sps ,lps ,softies or a mix?

welcome6.gif

to MASA , best place to be here in Aus

tanksetup.jpg

This should help you with the sump idea. simplicity is the way

Thanks, but it's easier said than done when your sump is square... Im only going to build it once I know for shure that the water will be exposed to a DSB as long as possible!!

Could you put the first baffle, diagonally in one corner, then you would have more volume across the centre of the tank. sorry can't draw it, but i hope it makes sence.

That's a good idea Wee-Man, a diagonal baffle in each opposite corner with the DSB in the middle and possibly an external skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom