Heteractis Crispa Anemone assistance

Discussion in 'Anemone's' started by Jaco Schoeman, 23 Apr 2009.

1. Jaco Schoeman

Jaco Schoeman MASA Contributor

Hi guys. As some of you know, I have a Heteractis Crispa. Been trying to save it for two months now, and I am winning... BUT... I feel my tank is not yet right for it to fully recover. It has it's foot nicely set on the bottom, and it feeds well every day, it also is getting a few tiny spots of pink back.

Is there any reefer in the JHB area that might assist me with keeping/reviving it to full recovery? My tank is only four months old, and I am having a little mini cycle at the moment. I not have any MH lighting, only about 102Watts of T5 lighting and two actnincs.

Is anybody willing to see if they can revive it for me untill I have sorted out my tanks lights and age?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jaco Schoeman

Jaco Schoeman Thread Starter MASA Contributor

And oh yes, I ask for the guys who have kept these before and also have a tank that can revive it. Please no chancers... This is like asking you to look after my little girl... Thank you.

4. crispin

crispin

absolutley you need to know its going into a mantured system with a reefer that knows what they are doing.

but its also a risk to the host of a nennie as it may walk with the change of tank parameters (remeber that includes lighting and flow in this case, as well as all the others) and thats going to be a risk for that reefer.

Also idealy you want it to go to a tank that doesnt have other nennies in it already

5. Jaco Schoeman

I agree with Crispin. I also know that this change might even cause the inevatble death of the anemone :(... but chances are little if the reefer taking it has a stable system and no other conflicting anemone species...

6. Warr7207

Warr7207

I could help out if you get no other takers/helpers. Reason I say this, is it will have to live with another Crispa, which is not a problem, but is going take some rescaping. ;)

7. Jaco Schoeman

Thanks Warr... :) That will be cool... I am coming through to you next weekend to collect that leather for my dad, so I will just confirm with you in the week whether I will bring it to you then.

8. Falcon

Falcon

eish ok if warr doesnt wanna take care of it then send it my way,my 650l has been needing a nemmie for the last four years ;)

Recent Posts