Hermit migrating

herkie

R.I.P.
Reaction score
I put a shell in my tank earlier today because it looked nice to me and thought its too big and it will never become a hermit home. Well an hour later I saw this guy pushing the shell around and sort of grinned at this show. I should have rather held the camera, minutes later this chap was inside this massive shell.
DSCI0321.jpg

Then I thought it will soon move back to its old shell when I saw it struggling to move. Again I was wrong!
DSCI0324.jpg

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Cool, hermie found a new home. Now he has plenty of space to grow, I'm sure he's happy.

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
i remember one of my hermits, tiny as he was, found a rather large shell, it was really funny to see the tiny little spindly legs dragging this huge shell around - he has grown into it now though, took him about a year.

Reaction score
you guys inspired me to find a condo for my hermies, ive got two blue zebraz and a tiny red one, i put a larger shell in for first come first served comp, let see if anyone moves in

Reaction score
hermie has home

i put one much larger shell in my tank and the littler of my zebras moved in and struggled around. i felt sorry and set up a shell scrapyard of five different sized shells, the other hermie was sussing a shell out,along comes numero uno and dumps bigger shell and moves into the shell the other one was sussing out