Hermit Hijacking

Reaction score
Ok the picture below, doesn't tell the whole story.

The hermit in the bigger shell below was investigating this shell as a possible home. While out of his existing shell, another hermit came along and hijacked it, leaving the smaller shell in the pic behind.

As you can see this hermit was battling to move this big shell and finally went back to where his old shell was and couldn't fit into the smaller shell, now he is crawling around with no shell

Weird creatures these crabs :lol:

5284825ed4369224.jpg

man this does it , cant live in a tank without getting hijacked, how crime spreads:nono:

I noticed yesterday my red leg swopped shells with another hermit yesterday. Funny guys

Nice story Warr! Interesting :)

New twist to the story, the little chap has finally settle in the monster shell, but he is really battling to get around and every time my BIGGEST hermit see him, he gets hijacked, till the BIG boy notices that the actual shell opening is too small.

haha, thats such a funny story!

cant wait for my tank to be mature so that i can get some hermits!

can you keep different species together?

:)

haha, thats such a funny story!

cant wait for my tank to be mature so that i can get some hermits!

can you keep different species together?

:)

If they all dwarf species should be OK. I have two species and no probs. It is the bigger species that can be a prob.

I have seen similar things happening when I had my two HUGE HUGE red legged/blue spot hermit crabs (Giant Red Hermit - Dardanus Megistos) - they too did similar things.

It was an absolute BLAST to watch them - until they started nipping away at my soft-corals. I then banished them from my tank!

New twist to the story, the little chap has finally settle in the monster shell, but he is really battling to get around and every time my BIGGEST hermit see him, he gets hijacked, till the BIG boy notices that the actual shell opening is too small.

Poor little sod, i hope you stop him getting bullied:lol:

Back
Top Bottom