Hermit crabs

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by marinenoob, 26 Jan 2014.

1. marinenoob

marinenoob

Hi,

I am not sure if many people have seen or noticed this yet but tonight i witnessed something really amazing.

I have had quite a few hermits over the years and have always found them to be somewhat aggressive to each other, especially those red with blue dot ones.

Tonight i was feeding my fish when i noticed that one of my new reef crabs, a small little bugger, had fallen on his back and he had been struggling to get back up. I left him like that for a while as i was busy and came back about 15 minutes later to notice one of my older hermits moving towards him. I was about to intervene when i noticed the old hermit actually climb right over him onto another rock and the newbie tring to grip onto him. Unfortunately he fell back into the upside down position again. The old dude then turned around and lifted the newbie onto the opposite rock and looked like he was making sure he was stable and then went on his merry way back to the other side of the tank where he was initially.

I do not know if anyone else has noticed this before but I have never seen this before but it has made me remember why i love this hobby so much. AWESOME nature.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Paul B

Paul B

He was probably trying to pick his pocket.

4. Gareth0508

Gareth0508

:lol:

5. marinenoob

marinenoob Thread Starter

HAHA prob

Recent Posts