Here's my Inverter setup. With pics!

Reaction score
Ok client of mine set this up for me, works a treat!

200W Invertor, 2 Batteries, and a Relay. Relay switches on as soon as power trips. It also switches itself off so batteries don't drain too low, however it can easily keep my setup running for the estimated 4 hour load shedding times.

Only thing to do is take of that masking tape and plug that wire into the battery and the relay will kick in ;)
55547daa01dc6e66.jpg

Closer shot, all put together nice and neatly in a waterproof container!
55547daa01e11079.jpg

2 pin plug which goes into the wall:
55547daa01e13405.jpg

2 x 3 pin plugs which I plug my essentials into (pumps, heater etc)
55547daa01e15b7b.jpg

Here's the final product, peace of mind...
55547daa01e182ec.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Matt

Great setup, my colleague has also suggest this only diff he suggest deltec battery longer amp hour rating. I have not responded much to this thread as Ive seen what you suggest is exactly the same as what I would have. But yes it looks great. Have you tested it yet?

Yes, been running it today. It's run my pumps and heater (on intermittently in this weather - raining here) for 3.5 hours and counting ;)

As soon as power comes back on the batteries will recharge.

Matt what does a setup like this cost in total
It's very neatly put together btw.

I paid R850 -through a friend tho, so probably just a bit more than this... Nice and neat yes :thumbup:

Woohoo been running on the inverter for 4 hours now still going strong! ;)

Deff a good investment you no the boss of eskom told the guy switch of the lights before you go home he switched of the whole fu............. south africa hey we living in africa

Very Neat!

Won't the heat build up inside the box?

Are those 7ah Batteries? What size (wattage) and make pump are you running? Is that a True/Pure sine wave invertor or a modified/simulated wave?

Back
Top Bottom