Henk's Nano

A question - what makes this a foraminiferan and not a sponge?
Probably the little thingys sticking out of the holes (and if it's hard rather than squishy-- that's another clue).

The snail looks like a whelk, but I don't know... my gastropod guru buddy says it's a whelk or murex. Hmm... let me see if I can narrow it down.

... i saw this guy in my tank this morning... any idea what it is? i cant find an ID in any of my books....

IMG_7572.jpg

The snail looks like a whelk, but I don't know... my gastropod guru buddy says it's a whelk or murex. Hmm... let me see if I can narrow it down.

Agreed, it looks like a whelk.

As far as I'm concerned, ANY snail that has a proboscis (the long narrow "tube" extending to the front of the shell) is BAD - they are predators, and even if they don't harm your fish or corals, they are probably hunting your small critters in the sand/rock. Kill it, or better still, kill it and feed it to your fish :)

Hennie

As far as I'm concerned, ANY snail that has a proboscis (the long narrow "tube" extending to the front of the shell) is BAD - they are predators, and even if they don't harm your fish or corals, they are probably hunting your small critters in the sand/rock.

Yeah, pretty much true for all whelks and murex. But there are *some* friendly conches out there. I have a little Florida fighting conch that I'm just in love with... and he/she just a friendly algae/slim grazer.

So i've been adding some live stock slowly to the tank... my Jumping bean died unfort... found it dead this morning

any way... heres some more photos

IMG_7736.jpg

IMG_7720.jpg

IMG_7711.jpg

IMG_7722.jpg

IMG_7713.jpg

IMG_7733.jpg

IMG_7738.jpg

IMG_7744.jpg

hy loer vir my! i really had no idea a fish could look that far back!
IMG_7802.jpg

Lovely Henk! I just love that 'shrooom! Remember me if you ever frag the bugga! ;) :whistling:

Henk.. very nice bud ! welcome to the other side of fishkeeping ! Your tank looks good !

Muz

R350 - i can get some more for you Dean :D

i wanna add more of them to my tank but sara recons they might take over.... i can only hope :D

forgot to add - the blue zoas cost me all of R175 from my LFS! love them! they are becoming a sponsor soon...

I cant 100% ID the angel... can anyone help?

hahahahaha - ok Dean.... i'll go buy the other one as well, make loads of frags and then ship some to you :p

hahahahaha - ok Dean.... i'll go buy the other one as well, make loads of frags and then ship some to you :p

That sounds GOOD! I'm 2nd in line! ;-)

I am quite sure that it is a Lemon Peel Angel, Henk - BUT I will look around to see if I can find a better (lating name perhaps?) naming....

Your tank is looking fantastic Henk! I love that red mushroom ! Where did you buy it?

i got it from Aqua Concepts in Bree str, Cape Town.... i wonder if Dean sent them the info yet?!

Back
Top Bottom