Hendrik

Reaction score
Hi!

I only have fresh water tanks, but want to later get salt water tanks too. What do I need to set up my first salt water tank? Is there any books I can read to get the basic knowledge before I start? How do I need to go about it?

Thanks!

Hendrik

hello hendrik, welcome to MASA:)
there is masses to read on marines and so mcuh to learn, but its brilliant fun and you'll get the hang of it very quickly.

personally i found forums by far the best resource as i got instant answers to questions and i found books often too complicated for me untill i had a tank and was actually doing stuff with it (not alays the right stuff i might add :()

i'll tag along as to which books are best for begginners, but saltwater for dummies was a good start:) i still read it:)

why not have a good hard look through MASA, especially the new begginners section and members setup, see what people commonly battle with and that will be a good guide as to where to begin:)

also hendrik,
now is the best time to ask questions nad get a decent unerstanding....ie before you have a tank.....its how i started and i am very graetful to masa for the help i got, from advice to being able to source hardware i wanted for the tank:)

Welcome to MASA Hendrik, enjoy your stay with us. The advice I wanna give you is to read through these thread and the links in them first, this way you will know what we talk about and so understand better.

Starting a Marine Tank - Beginner Discussions

:wave2:

Welcome to MASA!!

Back
Top Bottom