Help with tank drawing

leslie hempel

Professional Aquarist
Reaction score
hey guys

i have been asked buy a rather large shop (will mention name later ) to help them out with a display and i am in need of a drawing to show them what i ave in mind... can anyone help me with a aotocad drawing?

i am learning the google sketchup drawiing system but am a little impatient..

i neet to portray a 1.2m x 1.2m x .600mm with a center overflow and CLS.. i would also like to show a sump with a insump skimmer, return pump as well as a suspended lighting unit.

it will actually be a predator display housing devil firefish, soapfish and perhaps a scorpionfish / stonefish / paperfish.

i may introduce a few GSP's and leathers depending on the number of fish introduced and the food fed...

ideas welcome....

they guy is very cool and willing to spend cash, but id really like this to be set out with both cost and correctness in mind...

because of the lack of coral in the system i am looking @ putting a T5 unit over the system for lighting to promote colour...

i will be trying to obtain either black silicone or black perspex for the edgings... and need someone to supply biorock..

suggestions welcome..

les

Sounds like a great project Les, can't help with the sketch up, but i would say keep it simple - simple enough for the shop owner to understand and maintain when you can't be there.

it is am awsome project.. hes wanting me to maintain it but i dont want to commit to a full on maintence plan because my work gets very demanding and he needs consistency...

i have offered prt time help in sight of this... the problem with setting up these systems is that each person is different... and one system will normally rely on its creator (due to his /her understanding) to run it the most effeciently..

both keen and apprehensive...

it is am awsome project.. hes wanting me to maintain it but i dont want to commit to a full on maintence plan because my work gets very demanding and he needs consistency...

i have offered prt time help in sight of this... the problem with setting up these systems is that each person is different... and one system will normally rely on its creator (due to his /her understanding) to run it the most effeciently..

both keen and apprehensive...

Then you need to build in some easy maintenance, as i said keep it simple, auto top up, phosphate reactor, calcium reactor, kalkwasser going through the auto top up, all he has to do is feed them daily, then you go in monthly to change the rowaphos etc, don't get tricky corals or delicate fish.

yep gonna keep it simple... just really want to put something awsome that attracts customers to the shop... he suggested a junk reef.. with tyre replica's and broken bottles etc.. im trying to steer him away from this as decor will work out to be pricy and it will not really display the beauty of a reef.. something like this should have a breathtaking impact.. will negotiate some more...

yep gonna keep it simple... just really want to put something awsome that attracts customers to the shop... he suggested a junk reef.. with tyre replica's and broken bottles etc.. im trying to steer him away from this as decor will work out to be pricy and it will not really display the beauty of a reef.. something like this should have a breathtaking impact.. will negotiate some more...

Show him soem of the tanks on here, there are some real beauties - none of which have old tyres in there;)

planning to puting together a portfolio of work i have done as well as guidlines gerad at all budget ranges... im sure i will be able to swing him.. the funny thing is that the game fish thing is quite popular with fisherman all they want to do is see the fish hunt and attach others.. i like to promote a gentle peaceful reef..

Ok Les Ive done some drawings for you. I would make the tank 50mm longer each side as the 4 ft lights are slightly longer than 1200mm. Hope they help.

Leigh
29348e8fa3807f90.jpg
29348e8f98790117.jpg

29348e8f92f20ac4.jpg
29348e8f8f17e013.jpg

29348e8f9b6669b9.jpg

Nice Drawing, Les if you would still like them in AutoCad just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom