Help with RO unit

Discussion in 'Test Kits, Controllers, Reactors and Dosers' started by Franske, 6 May 2009.

1. Franske

Franske

Got my new RO unit today,need some help on where to connect what plz and when to replace what and how do you operate this thing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tony

Tony

Give us a front pic.

4. Franske

Franske Thread Starter

There u go
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

OK - I will try Franske:
    1) the pipe on the right hand side, coming from the bottom/vertical sediment filter, must be connected to the left hand side input pipe, of the 1st stage (white) canister of the RO filter
    2) the pipe with the blue connector, on the right hand side of the 1st stage RO filter (the 1st horizontal/white filter), must connect to the left-hand side of the DI filter (the see-through horizontal at the top)
    3) the 2nd pipe on the 1st stage RO filter (the white horizontal) is your "RO waste" pipe, and can be connected to your normal (for human consumption) filtration machine, or to your fridge, or to a canister/drum which you use for plant/excess water....
    4) the pipe coming out of the left hand side of the DI filter (the top/see-through filter), is the pipe that goes to your aquarium RO drum/auto-topup unit...

6. TheWaterboy

TheWaterboy Sponsor

looks like some company is trying to copy our patent with the membrane flush valve aswell as totally tryingto knock of our design of marine unit.....without the double o-ring housings......would like to know where this unit came from?

jacques seems spot on

also check if that waste line valve has a minute little hole in it when closed completley.
    if not then get yourself a decent flow restrictor installed on that waste line otherwise that unit will never run at its optimum.

the flow through the waste should not be more than 300gpd that is why a factory sealed flow restrictor should be what is installed on the waste line.....cool

nice shimano wheels you got there in the backround.....lol

7. Franske

Franske Thread Starter

Yes thanks jacques looks like you are on the spot,can anyone plz tell me every how long do you replace your components.Must the flush valve be open or closed during operation,thanks

8. TheWaterboy

TheWaterboy Sponsor

that all depends if the tiny hole i asked about is there or not.

the pre-filters and resin should be changed every 6 months........

the resin should be blue in colour and change to brown giving an indication when filters need to be changed, however it looks like the resin in that unit is standard resin with no indicator.

the membrane, if it is a filmtech membrane should last 2 - 3 years if the pre-filters are serviced regularly........

if it is not a filmtech membrane......then it may lust 1 to 2 years only

cool

9. Tony

Tony

Just remove the deionising resin while flushing the system for the first time. First flush the sediment and carbon filter for about thirty minute then add the RO membrane and flush it for another thirty minutes. Also make sure your sediment filter is before your carbon filter

10. Alan

Alan Admin MASA Contributor

??????...mine has been going close on 6 now, maybe I need to check it sometime.

11. TheWaterboy

TheWaterboy Sponsor

no worries alan, either bring me a sample or im coming into ballito either tommorrow or fri....can hook up with you if you there and check it out for you!

Recent Posts