Help With New Nennie

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I just purchased a nennie from my LFS. Looked very healthy...Brought him home, popped him into the tank and he was lookin awesome....woke up this morning and almost fell over. He had shrievelled up to almost nothing.

Then around miday, the misses called me and told me it was back to life.....Get home from work and sure enuf, it looks awesome again....

it's now 11.54pm and boom, he has shrievelled up again....I have 2 small occi clowns hosting it.

Sounds typical, but post your water parameters and equipment list anyway. Pictures are always helpful.

I dont have all the tests kits yet....waiting for a freind to come over on thursday to do some tests. Equipment in the tank, i have to power heads...in the sump i have a small skimmer and a carbon / phosphate reactor....

Isnt your tank only four days old?

Nope.....

I got it in 2 weeks ago, but the guy i bought it from had it for 2yrs.

I transfered all of his water from tank as well....and did my first top up with R/O water last week.

Nope.....

I got it in 2 weeks ago, but the guy i bought it from had it for 2yrs.

I transfered all of his water from tank as well....and did my first top up with R/O water last week.

two weeks is still a very short time to be introducing a nennie, regardless of how long the tank was running prior to you buying it. Anemones are not the easiest things to keep either.
How often are you topping up with RO? Doiung one top up in two weeks doesnt seem right. Having a tank that size, with enough light to house an anemone, you should be topping up every day. Anemones need very stable parameters.

I Agree with 459b!

Transferring water from another tank doesn't really do much as far as the cycle.

Anytime you transfer a sand bed, you will start a cycle. Anemones don't do well in a tank that is cycling.

Your tank isn't ready for an anemone. You really need to know what your water parameters are ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom