Help with my second hand...

Reaction score
Hi guys

I wonder if someone can help me.

I've cleaned the tank out.Going to fill it up and run with bout 20kg of salt for 3 weeks to get all the toxins out.

My question is...
The tank has mirrors all around the tank at the top.
How can i get it off without breaking the tank?

If yes with silicone, Then use a blade (minora) to cut through the silicone.

or look for am old tape measure it works a little better as you can grip the ends easier and pull it along once it is seated between the mirror and the glass of the tank.. also run behind it with a stanley knife but gently... this will widen the gap and allow for easier cutting with the tape measure..

Thanx guys but the glass has no gap to get anything in there so i started to chip it with with chisel and a hammer.

Quite a difficult opperation to not break the glass of the tank.

This is what took me an hour so its not goin as fast as i would like but im getting there.

22022009101.jpg

22022009102.jpg

22022009103.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
didnt have any spare condoms at hand so used gloves to close it off.:)

Why do you want to know warr?

Is this a Marine or freshwater tank?

You used gloves in the place of condoms, mhh interesting young fella you are:whistling:

Why do you want to know warr?

Is this a Marine or freshwater tank?

Yeah, I have only seen mirrors on freshwater tanks, but then I suppose that design is cool for some.

Yeah, I have only seen mirrors on freshwater tanks, but then I suppose that design is cool for some.

they only put them on FW coz the fish are boring, and need something to look at when in front of your tank :)

Back
Top Bottom